+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who Am I Quiz (No 12)

Terry Yorath

Phil Thompson

I was at the match and I'm just looking at the Liverpool v Millers programme now.
    We were a bit unlucky - Ronnie hit the post!
    Craig Johnston scored for the Scousers (79 mins)
    Last edited by mikemiller; 26-03-2020 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nogbad View Post
    David Fairclough
    Hallelujah!

Beaten to it.

I was firmly on goalkeepers until the "foot long" clue, it was all downhill from there.

(Am I going to get anything exciting from looking at the Youtube clip - I don't usually go there )

Well done. Just realised that Thompson DID win the FA Cup.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 26-03-2020 at 07:21 PM.

I am David Fairclough

I won lots of honours. European Cups, League Titles, League Cup

I wasn't a big success at International level. 1 appearance for England at U21

My favoured position has changed significantly since my day. There only used to be 1 substitute, now there are 7

I played for the team I grew up supporting and became a Local Hero. Liverpool FC

A couple of famous duets defined my career. Couldn't get games due to Keegan/Toshack and Dalglish/Rush

My fame was helped by an event that happened in the 1960s. Substitutes were introduced

I never won the FA Cup. Wasn't even the sub in the one Final Liverpool reached in my time there and they lost anyway to Man U

I suffered a tragic personal loss a number of years after I hung up my boots. Wife died of a brain haemorrhage

I 'played' in my usual position against the Millers when an Aussie scored the winner. I was on the subs bench when Liverpool beat RUFC 1-0 at Anfield in the 82-3 League Cup. Craig Johnson scored the goal.

In America you can get me in foot long, I think they do them in the UK too? Sub (Submarine sandwich from Subway)

If you haven't got me by now then click here and find out what we've been doing for the past week https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viOAiUH0T1Q Living by Numbers - New Musik

We made it all the way to Quiz No 12 and nobody noticed the key clue was in the title of each post
    Last edited by CAMiller; 26-03-2020 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nogbad View Post
    I was firmly on goalkeepers until the "foot long" clue, it was all downhill from there.

(Am I going to get anything exciting from looking at the Youtube clip - I don't usually go there )
    Living by Numbers by New Musik

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Living by Numbers by New Musik
    ...I'll take that as a no, then....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123