+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 101 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Coronavirus Thread (2)

May have already been posted, funny but apt and not for you if you are easily offended.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0G63uzhFP4

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    If you read reports from every country they are saying the same thing. Shortage of PPE. Not sure how this report helps at this stage only to put fear into the public.
    I agree, time for an inquest is when it's all over.
    If that link is correct then it makes grim reading.
    Don't know all the facts only that NHS staff were sourcing face masks at hardware stores but that was seven days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    . Some of the key people in government advising the public on how to avoid the coronavirus, have caught it themselves - that doesn't fill me with confidence!
    Not thought of that. Have they been self isolating like the rest of us. Naughty at best if not irresponsible if otherwise...

I'm not trying to dilute the crisis we are in in any way but Influenza in the winter of 2014/15 claimed a lot of lives in the UK. Stats like that tend to go unreported at the time

Public Health England estimates that on average 17,000 people have died from the flu in England annually between 2014/15 and 2018/19. However, the yearly deaths vary widely¾from a high of 28,330 in 2014/15 to a low of 1,692 in 2018/19.

Bit o good news in s korea more recovering than infected at the moment. I know all countries have different dynamics but we need to learn summat from these countries who are turning it round

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    I'm not trying to dilute the crisis we are in in any way but Influenza in the winter of 2014/15 claimed a lot of lives in the UK. Stats like that tend to go unreported at the time

Public Health England estimates that on average 17,000 people have died from the flu in England annually between 2014/15 and 2018/19. However, the yearly deaths vary widely¾from a high of 28,330 in 2014/15 to a low of 1,692 in 2018/19.
    A reasonable point flour. It also begs the question how will we know if some deaths attributed to covid 19 are actually down to the ordinary flu bug and, like i have mentioned before, other causes.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 28-03-2020 at 05:20 PM.

I'm not comfortable myself criticising the government whilst we are in such a crisis and people are dying in shocking numbers .

However it's getting difficult when credible people within the medical sector told the government what was coming here at the fag end of January and nothing was done to prepare for the on coming pandemic .

These aren't people out for political gain , people like Richard Horton are telling you we had a window to get ourselves ready and it was largely ignored by the government .

The herd immunity plan of few weeks back seems in my opinion to be a strategy to cover up the governments lack of planning .

There are some serious conversations to take place when this thing is over and it isn't going to be pleasant for the government .

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post

It is a fair point and I must admit one I subscribed to when it was 'China's problem' and causing a bit of a stir on a Japanese cruise ship. It's only 4 weeks today since the US reported the first death, about 5 miles from where I live and at a hospital where my daughter used to work. Events in the past 28 days tells me and should tell us all, this is not the 'common flu'.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I'm not comfortable myself criticising the government whilst we are in such a crisis and people are dying in shocking numbers .

However it's getting difficult when credible people within the medical sector told the government what was coming here at the fag end of January and nothing was done to prepare for the on coming pandemic .

These aren't people out for political gain , people like Richard Horton are telling you we had a window to get ourselves ready and it was largely ignored by the government .

The herd immunity plan of few weeks back seems in my opinion to be a strategy to cover up the governments lack of planning .

There are some serious conversations to take place when this thing is over and it isn't going to be pleasant for the government .
    Good post animal...

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

That's the problem animal. Who says they did nothing. It's the people on the outside who are throwing the accusations around. There's a select team of experts from science and medical who are guiding use through the pandemic. They have a plan and will be judged on it at the end. Doing it Halfway through is mental.
    I guess some people thrive on the negativety

Page 11 of 101 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast