+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 101 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Coronavirus Thread (2)

We have a virus that doesn’t discriminate.

I think our approach has been left to the medical experts to determine.

You can be as positive as you like Cayton but it wont change the overall pattern of things. If the govt do pull it off fair play to em but it aint looking good...

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    That's the problem animal. Who says they did nothing. It's the people on the outside who are throwing the accusations around. There's a select team of experts from science and medical who are guiding use through the pandemic. They have a plan and will be judged on it at the end. Doing it Halfway through is mental.
    I guess some people thrive on the negativety
    Richard Horton says they did nothing , they had the whole of February to prepare .

https://inews.co.uk/news/health/ques...sponse-2520479

What would the reaction have been if the PM had ignored the advice given by the very top people in Medicine and Science?We are now getting some troublemaking critics with alternative options saying we should have listened to them.Nobody knows how far this going to go.Most countries have had different types of plans.Sweden for instance has had no controls on movement.Not surprised the EU are being criticized for having no united plan of what to do for their member states.We must stick to our plan and self isolate and we will conquer this virus.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    What would the reaction have been if the PM had ignored the advice given by the very top people in Medicine and Science?We are now getting some troublemaking critics with alternative options saying we should have listened to them.Nobody knows how far this going to go.Most countries have had different types of plans.Sweden for instance has had no controls on movement.Not surprised the EU are being criticized for having no united plan of what to do for their member states.We must stick to our plan and self isolate and we will conquer this virus.
    Not interested in other country's and the straw man point of view thank you very much .

I'm more interested in the month of February and what the government were told at the end of January .

You ain't going to spin your way out of this one whilst I have air in my lungs .

Hopefully for some time yet .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Richard Horton says they did nothing , they had the whole of February to prepare .

https://inews.co.uk/news/health/ques...sponse-2520479
    So was he on the board of medical experts that the government are taking advise from?

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    You can be as positive as you like Cayton but it wont change the overall pattern of things. If the govt do pull it off fair play to em but it aint looking good...
    And you can be as negative as you like and slate the professional doing in my opinion a great job as much as you like.. if the government pull it off or fail miserably. Now/today is not the time to have a go.

Plenty of professional saying the govt is wrong Cayton. No its not the time. We have the cards we have been dealt so we play with the ones we have got. We aint no choice but to do that.

It would be interesting what some folk would have said on here though if Corbyn had been at the helm... i hope you lot would have rallied round him in the same way...no negativity Cayton...
    Last edited by rolymiller; 28-03-2020 at 07:42 PM.

Plenty of experts? There's 1000s of medical experts and I bet you cant count on 1 hand the amount who are slating the government and medical experts who are guiding the government.. don't get me wrong. There may be near then end but I'm guessing most of them realise the ones who are guiding the government are prob the leaders in there field.

You lot? I've voted labour most of my life. Corbyn couldn't win a election so irrelevant point
    If you don't realise now Roly your posting negative reply. Well I guess you will never see it.

The only thing Corbyn is good at is instigating, he's a troublemaker (or activist if you prefer), that ability doesn't really translate into being the PM.

Was a poor choice for Labour leader.
    Last edited by great_fire; 28-03-2020 at 08:26 PM.

Page 12 of 101 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast