+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 101 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Coronavirus Thread (2)

PMSL. No thats ok its about time the yanks language learned a proper language...

Welcome back the Roly we know. Or should that be NO

Thats ok its not an American phrase...

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Moan of the day from me: How many more times do I have to read the term phrase "Stay Home". It should read "Stay at home" we are not all chuffin yanks and have no intention of being chuffin yanks. The bas tardisation of the English language is shocking and it must be a nightmare trying to teach kids how to write and speak the English language properly nowadays with this constant sloppy corruption of our language .We aint the 53rd State of the chuffin US...yet...

So Sota, CTmiller, Camiller and all you adopted yanks tell em to piss off and leave our language alone...

Grrr
    You were doing ok until 'aint'.

Nah thats old fashioned cockney me old sparra. The yanks nicked it from them

I must admit I do get annoyed with the American slang being used here

One thing I have noticed is the American diners over here don’t feed you like they do in America �� seriously though thank god they don’t, I was actually amazed the way they were eating when I was first over there
    Last edited by millertop; 27-03-2020 at 04:37 PM.

One I hate is "loser". Kids get upset and say he called me a "loser" and I think so what some feckers got to lose...

Coronavirus has plunged the world into uncertainty and the constant news about the pandemic can feel relentless. All of this is taking its toll on people's mental health, particularly those already living with conditions like anxiety and OCD. So how can we protect our mental health?

You can click here for a full breakdown on ways to look after yourself.

Here are a few pointers for those in a rush:

Limit the amount of time you spend reading or watching things which aren't making you feel better. Perhaps decide on a specific time to check in with the news
    Have breaks from social media and mute things which are triggering
    Stay connected with people
    Wash your hands - but not excessively

Latest advice above

It'll tek more than that when people are climbing up the wall in a couple of weeks time!

It is depressing the news though and I tend to just get the headlines on here and only bother tuning in if owt is getting significantly worse or better.

It would be nice if we had more about those who are recovering/ have recovered, the search for a cure, what people are doing to stay sane, the positives which may come out of it. I'm not saying they should hide the truth but just give us the low down then move on to other news. I'm sure the news presenters get some kick out of making us feel we are all on the verge of snuffing it and the end of the world is nigh!

You wunt want em fighting in the trenches with ya!

Rant no 2 over! Grr
    Last edited by rolymiller; 27-03-2020 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    If Corbyn, or any other politician , is asking why the British government was slow to respond to the crisis, has a much higher coronavirus death rate than Germany, for example, how our government is going to improve on that, etc., that's good as far as I am concerned. Letting down the public otherwise.
    Germany are recording the deaths differently, if someone dies who has cancer and also has the coronavirus they are recording the death as cancer whereas in the UK and other countries it would be recorded as a coronavirus death.

There is a problem with our corona virus death figures as you say and it makes you wonder when all the figures are correlated at the end of this epidemic that we will find deaths from cancer, heart attacks etc will all be down so we will probably think we are getting a grip on stuff like cancer and heart attacks etc.

Page 8 of 101 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast