+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 101 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Coronavirus Thread (2)

Not much NFL/MLS to be expected here for a while as the pitch at Century Link Field (home of the Seattle Seahawks and Sounders) has been commandeered for the Army to set up a field hospital.

Projecting deaths will hit 80,000 in the US.
    Last edited by CAMiller; 28-03-2020 at 12:33 AM.

To say this is worrying is an understatement , I fear a total catastrophe in the coming weeks .

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...727-3/fulltext

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52056111

Interesting stats here saying could be as low as 7000 deaths in this country. Obviously not good for those who are affected but could be as good as we can hope for.

Can't put your link up animal but would agree the next month will prob be the worst as regards how it is taking off...
    Last edited by rolymiller; 28-03-2020 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    To say this is worrying is an understatement , I fear a total catastrophe in the coming weeks .

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...727-3/fulltext
    If you read reports from every country they are saying the same thing. Shortage of PPE. Not sure how this report helps at this stage only to put fear into the public.

Its not a case of this report helping or not it could very well be fact..Maybe they have a right to be fearful Cayton lets hope not eh? You and others on here have a blind belief that the NHS is gonna cope with this me and many others aint so sure...we an only hope a last minute piling of resources into it will do the trick...

The next 3 or 4 weeks will show if our health system can bear up...the tsunami is coming...
    Last edited by rolymiller; 28-03-2020 at 12:55 PM.

Feels like a sunday today with it being so quiet and cold and gloomy. It will be days like these that folks will find it hard to cope with. The sunny days we have had so far have enabled us to keep a smile on our faces and get out if it is only in the garden. Lets hope that the old currant bun is out again soon...plus the bug waint cope with the sunshine as well...

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Its not a case of this report helping or not it could very well be fact..Maybe they have a right to be fearful Cayton lets hope not eh? You and others on here have a blind belief that the NHS is gonna cope with this me and many others aint so sure...we an only hope a last minute piling of resources into it will do the trick...

The next 3 or 4 weeks will show if our health system can bear up...the tsunami is coming...
    As you say it could be fact. Then again it may not be. So as I posted above how does it help? People slating folk who are doing there best under extremely difficult situation is no help to anyone. Why don't they wait until this is over before judging?
    Negatively is depressing and most folk are down already without reporters spouting about inside information or a undisclosed source.
    I find it really difficult understanding why folk see thinks half empty.

We can't ignore the facts - the coronavirus death rate in the UK is much worse than Germany, Japan, USA, etc. There are still problems due to lack of testing and equipment. The government knew that there was a threat several months ago. I don't blame the doctors and nurses for that. Despite the lack of NHS infrastructure, poor government planning, etc, they are bravely putting themselves at risk. Some of the key people in government advising the public on how to avoid the coronavirus, have caught it themselves - that doesn't fill me with confidence!
    Last edited by mikemiller; 28-03-2020 at 04:09 PM.

Not slating the front line cayton they are doing their best in difficult circumstances. The govt are probably doing their best in the circumstances but without bringing old arguments up we could have been in a better position to deal with this...thats all that I will say...I remain to be convinced differently...we will have to agree to disagree...

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    We can't ignore the facts - the coronavirus death rate in the UK is much worse than Germany, Japan, USA, etc. There are still problems due to lack of testing and equipment. The government knew that there was a threat several months ago. I don't blame the doctors and nurses for that. Despite the lack of NHS infrastructure, poor government planning, etc, they are bravely putting themselves at risk. Some of the key people in government advising the public on how to avoid the coronavirus, have caught it themselves - that doesn't fill me with confidence!
    You can't compare figure from various country's until you have the total figures. The virus spread to these country's at different rates/times. Then the accuracy will always be disputed. Why do you think the 3 country's you mentioned has a lower death rate? Are you comparing tests/dead ration. Amount of dead only. Dead per head of population?
    Germany has a really low death rate to test ratio. Is that a better health set up? I doubt it as reports from other country's suggest there's nothing to stop it once your critical ill.
    Why don't they wait until this is over before calling for people to resign or be sacked. at least then we will be able to see if the government has backed the NHS enough.. if everything that's been spouted over the years is true then the answer would be no.
    Disagree to agree is ok by me

Page 10 of 101 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast