+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- US overtake Italy & China for Coronavirus cases

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I see the obsession continues! I think tarquin has managed to overcome it, maybe you should ask him for advice.

If you put your mind to it, I'm convinced you can beat it.
    Not for one minute have you thought how I might feel.....you invited laddo to CHELTENHAM but not me. Anyway, any news if any on that bus are still with us?

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Not for one minute have you thought how I might feel.....you invited laddo to CHELTENHAM but not me.
    When laddo declined, he said "I don't want to come, and neither does my best mate".

I assumed that was you.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    When laddo declined, he said "I don't want to come, and neither does my best mate".

I assumed that was you.
    You've done a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    errrrrrr.....fine in the way that this is not a huge "biggie" for them......currently running at 4 deaths per million people ie more people have died at a "spin-the-bottle" party whilst chugging a litre of Pabst Blue Ribbon....that kind of "fine"

I'll let you know if they remotely approach the figures of Italy!
    6 deaths per million 2 days later and and infection rates are now picking up as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartlett's Dust View Post
    6 deaths per million 2 days later and and infection rates are now picking up as well.
    Correct Bartlett, I'm starting to get worried here, just south of the Texas border, not just for me (63 and counting) but my young son in Nashville and a few elderly buddies in Tennessee....I was hoping that Trump might have got a grip by now, he isn't stupid, just stubborn and sees everyone as being against him.

There is still time for him to step up to the plate.....hopefully

Correct Bartlett, I'm starting to get worried here, just south of the Texas border, not just for me (63 and counting) but my young son in Nashville and a few elderly buddies in Tennessee....I was hoping that Trump might have got a grip by now, he isn't stupid, just stubborn and sees everyone as being against him.

There is still time for him to step up to the plate.....hopefully
    I think you're right to be worried (sorry). The US has such a loose grip on the situation - only 25 states have a full or partial lockdown. Trump claiming earlier that he might 'quarantine' New York, New Jersey and Connecticut later today, despite none of the governors of those states having been told about this. The NY governor is claiming that would be illegal, a federal declaration of war, and he would consider suing the government of it happened. It's utter chaos.

All this willy waving is taking the focus away from any attempts to minimise the spread of the virus.

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    I think you're right to be worried (sorry). The US has such a loose grip on the situation - only 25 states have a full or partial lockdown. Trump claiming earlier that he might 'quarantine' New York, New Jersey and Connecticut later today, despite none of the governors of those states having been told about this. The NY governor is claiming that would be illegal, a federal declaration of war, and he would consider suing the government of it happened. It's utter chaos.

All this willy waving is taking the focus away from any attempts to minimise the spread of the virus.
    The USA is quite complicated when it comes to a particular State v President, and Cuomo literally hates Trump and vice versa....pretty sad really

ps Willy-waving?.....surely they wouldn't go to such lengths?

The USA is quite complicated when it comes to a particular State v President, and Cuomo literally hates Trump and vice versa....pretty sad really

ps Willy-waving?.....surely they wouldn't go to such lengths?
    Very sad and it will result in unnecessary deaths. The response has just been described as 'patchwork' and that sums it up. No cohesive national response.

As for the willy waving, I don't imagine Trump has much length to wave....eurgh am off to bleach my brain at that thought

My prediction?......The USA will be absolutely fine......there is categorically no way that they will handle this crisis any worse than Italy or Spain....will Trump get another term?....he's up against a guy that struggles to remember his own name or where he is, how the hell the USA chose Biden over Sanders is a complete mystery, I know where my money is.
    Hmmm, not quite the case eh?!

The main worry for the US from the below is the number of new cases they are getting is going up and up. Their figures in a few weeks will be close to Europe as a whole.
    Name:  Snip-it_1586379806691.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  82.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Bartlett's Dust View Post
    Hmmm, not quite the case eh?!

The main worry for the US from the below is the number of new cases they are getting is going up and up. Their figures in a few weeks will be close to Europe as a whole.
    Name:  Snip-it_1586379806691.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  82.8 KB
    USA deaths 44 ppm......Spain 316 and Italy 292, not even remotely close....yes, they have lots more, (every day) testing positive, so what? are they dying?....that's what happens when you test more people than Italy, Spain, Germany and the UK added together....you find lots more "sick people" even if they aren't dying.

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast