Well here I am on Day 5 of self-isolation. For some it will have been much longer and perhaps they will have faced it alone. I have Mrs Outwood of course and free access to the World via my iPad and iPhone and TV. I am not being asked to do anything too onerous. My parents and grandparents were called to service in two great global conflicts and all we are being asked to do is stay at home. Yet for the first time in my life since I left home at 18 to come up to Manchester and began adult life I am no longer free to come and go as I please. No trips to the shops or to a football match or the pub though I no longer drink alcohol but it is the fellowship that has gone. The sense of being normal and independent. If I need anything now whether medicines or food I must rely on others to bring me them. I am gaining a different perspective of life as I sit on the sidelines waiting for the referee to blow the whistle and start the game again. When this crisis has passed and the restrictions are lifted will my normal ever be the same again?