+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are you missing most?

What are you missing most?

All our lives have temporarily changed, but what are you missing most?

Surprisingly, I am not missing footy as much as I thought I would. To be honest, I find it very stressful following the Clarets - but the wins make it worthwhile. Today for instance, I would be a bag of nerves during the match but I have been much more relaxed.

Don't go boozing much so I haven't missed the pub.

Still going out jogging or cycling.

We are lucky enough to have a garden so I can go outdoors when I want.

I actually find that I am speaking to my friends more than usual.

Not missing driving at all - and saving a packet.

I am doing more stuff that I never had time for before, such as reading, and we always have a jigsaw on the go.

But I am really missing my jaunts to my beloved Lakeland Fells.

When it all ends I reckon that I will make adjustments to my life - not forced on me but as a choice.

I have always loved the joy of selecting a restaurant or pub to have a meal and a few drinks. Missing that.

Driving over to Clowbridge and having a few brisk laps round the reservoir. Missing that.

Meeting my youngest son and enjoying his company whist we travel to watch the Clarets. Missing that.

Having not to kowtow to ridiculous coercion and state control. Missing that.

Listening to rational, intelligent, well informed guidance and information. Missing that.

The freedom to do what I want when I want. It’s not about any one thing really but everything that’s been taken away from you.

I should be going away in the Motorhome for six months ,unfortunately it's not going to happen.. Going for plenty of walks instead..Twenty yards from my house and I'm in the open countryside so quite fortunate really..

Floatin.
    The boat's in New Zealand and we're in the UK

Not missing much really, possibly just the freedom to go down into Clitheroe, buy a paper and spend an hour in a cafe, reading, drinking my coffee and eating a croissant, as and when I want. Things like footy and the gees gees have been replaced by painting, DIY and gardening, and the jobs were piling up so that's no bad thing either. As long as we don't get the bloody thing it's not making a whole lot of difference to me and Mrs, we're the lucky ones......so far.

In our house we have got me, Mrs 59-60, my Dad (age 92), Mrs 59-60's Mum (age 96), daughter (31) and, from tomorrow, her boyfriend. we also have Tess the labrador.
    As you can see, we have to be ultra cautious at the moment but, so far, we haven't had any fist fights.
    We are lucky that we are able to walk Tess on the beach with spectacular views of Morecambe Bay and the Lakeland hills beyond.
    I am also doing plenty of DIY and have even done a bit of plastering, something that i had never managed before.
    Managing very well at the moment, if I struggle at least I know that I can come on here for a bloody good argument.

Missing most of all cuddling my new 5 month old grandson.. It's heartbreaking not to be able to see him only on FaceTime.. Gutted.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Missing most of all cuddling my new 5 month old grandson.. It's heartbreaking not to be able to see him only on FaceTime.. Gutted.
    We are the same Alf. Four grandkids all "out of bounds". It's bollox! If this COVID-19 bollox is discovered to be a hoax, heads will roll.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    We are the same Alf. Four grandkids all "out of bounds". It's bollox! If this COVID-19 bollox is discovered to be a hoax, heads will roll.
    A hoax?

Have you not got a telly in your house?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)