+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Unsung heroes in a Notts shirt

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
    Mark Goodwin
    Was toying with idea of Mark Goodwin, another Leicester signing?

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Although both were for a limited time at the club, Colin Foster and Jeff Whitley made huge differences to our fortunes. Both a cut above our level at the time, and unsung (temporary) heroes for Notts as much needed.

Totally agree about Robinson, Turner and Thomas. Never wanted Draper to leave like any Notts fan, but Turner was far more than a bit part in that deal
    It was Gary Mills who left, I think. We sold Draper to Leicester in the early 90s and the thieving transfer tribunal said he was worth £1.25 million. I think a year later Leicester sold him to Villa for about £3 million.

The person I’m thinking of is so unsung, I can’t for the life of me remember his name. Scandinavian central defender, played for like half a season around the turn of the century. Seem to recall him scoring in a 4-1 win against someone like Rotherham when we were losing at half-time? The vaguest of memories, but he was a one-man defence a la Glenn Roeder.

Edit: Think the guy was Anders Jacobson.
    Last edited by nw6pie; 29-03-2020 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    It was Gary Mills who left, I think. We sold Draper to Leicester in the early 90s and the thieving transfer tribunal said he was worth £1.25 million. I think a year later Leicester sold him to Villa for about £3 million.
    I was certain we got Turner from Leicester almost immediately after selling Draper to them via the tribunal valuation.

Yes Keith Downing is the one I couldn't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    I was certain we got Turner from Leicester almost immediately after selling Draper to them via the tribunal valuation.
    We signed Phil Turner in 1989 and he was at Notts till 1996. Drapes left for Leicester in 1994, which is also when Gary Mills returned to Notts from Leicester.

Wasn't it Barnes who went when Turner came in.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Wasn't it Barnes who went when Turner came in.
    Didn’t Barnes go to Stoke?

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    We signed Phil Turner in 1989 and he was at Notts till 1996. Drapes left for Leicester in 1994, which is also when Gary Mills returned to Notts from Leicester.
    Think that may be the answer.Mills to Leicester,Turner came a day later to Notts. Mills was a Barnwell signing 1st time

Paul Bolland

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast