+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Biggest Donkey in a Notts shirt

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post

Gavin Gordon
    I had completely forgotten about him,now he was a bloody donkey that bloke

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops61 View Post
    A brace of donkeys - Izale McLeod and Danny Haynes. Not sure who was worse.

I'll never forget when we used to do those Open Day things to meet the squad in pre season, we got to the table with Gavin Gordon and Lawrie Dudfield and my dad said "So you're the guys who're going to be getting all the goals?" and Gavin Gordon just looked a mixture of confused and embarassed

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    I'll never forget when we used to do those Open Day things to meet the squad in pre season, we got to the table with Gavin Gordon and Lawrie Dudfield and my dad said "So you're the guys who're going to be getting all the goals?" and Gavin Gordon just looked a mixture of confused and embarassed
    I've just looked him up online and he played 33 games for Notts,i thought that he was here longer than that unless it was just the misery of watching him just made time stand still,he really was useless that second season we had him

There was a black tall lad back in the LATE 90's that I'm struggling to remember (I think my subconscious has blocked him out) that was always tripping over himself,I can remember him once being one on one with the goalie and over he went yet again,he made me that angry I got up and went home
    I really need to know whom this is to give me some peace

Quote Originally Posted by NottsOnTheUp View Post
    Vinny Arkins, wasn’t he the new Alan Shearer?
    Murphy said that Tony Battersby would be the next Shearer

Not certain of the correct time-frame but could it be Richard Young?

Didn't Gavin Gordon score a great goal where he turned a defender on the half way line and raced through to score a wonderful solo goal? Doesn't sound like something to happens at Meadow Lane, but I'm sure it did!

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Didn't Gavin Gordon score a great goal where he turned a defender on the half way line and raced through to score a wonderful solo goal? Doesn't sound like something to happens at Meadow Lane, but I'm sure it did!
    My recollection is of Devon White doing that at Peterborough. It wasn't the kind of goal you expected from him!

I wouldn't have put Devon on the donkey list though. in his first spell with us he was quite an effective centre-forward, but he was a spent force when he returned for a second spell.

Chris Iwelumo 2012-13 played 5 games on loan

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast