Get prepared for when football returns - Stock up on PPE now!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: Bored and want to do something useful?

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,460
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Sometimes 59er your failure to grasp the fundamentals takes my breath away...

    The United Nations reports that over 7.6 million people die annually throughout the world because of hunger or a hunger-related cause. This means about 21,000 deprived people on average die every day, because of starvation and food insecurity. That is one person dies every 4 seconds, every day, 365 days a year. Why in the name of God do we let this continue?
    BT --this is now, what do you think it will be like when things return to whatever state we return to? It certainly won't be any better and the rich will continue to get richer .................. sad isn't it?

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    9,987
    Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post

    Buying American sh1te is more than enough methinks.
    I just love this ongoing fatuous Remoaner panic about 'chlorinated' chicken, a process used all over the world including the UK. Millions of Brits have been to the USA and eaten millions of pieces of chlorinated chicken, as do millions of Americans every day, and all without coming to any harm.

    Maybe if the Chinese used the chlorinating process a bit more rigorously, we wouldn't be where we are now ?

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    12,076
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Sometimes 59er your failure to grasp the fundamentals takes my breath away...

    The United Nations reports that over 7.6 million people die annually throughout the world because of hunger or a hunger-related cause. This means about 21,000 deprived people on average die every day, because of starvation and food insecurity. That is one person dies every 4 seconds, every day, 365 days a year. Why in the name of God do we let this continue?
    It's a scandal BT. I agree with you entirely. As a country we are doing our bit by giving 0.7% of our GDP to aid the poorer nations.
    This is too much for many Brits...so what can we do?

    This virus is affecting EVERY country - including the UK - so it is the responsibility of every Government to look after their own.

    If you were in charge what would you do? Bugger all?

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    12,076
    Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I just love this ongoing fatuous Remoaner panic about 'chlorinated' chicken, a process used all over the world including the UK. Millions of Brits have been to the USA and eaten millions of pieces of chlorinated chicken, as do millions of Americans every day, and all without coming to any harm.

    Maybe if the Chinese used the chlorinating process a bit more rigorously, we wouldn't be where we are now ?
    I never mentioned chlorinated chicken Sinkov (although I won't be buying any).

    Figures suggest that the percentage of people who fall ill with food poisoning annually is up to ten times higher in the US than the UK.

    https://www.sustainweb.org/news/feb18_US_foodpoisoning/

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,460
    Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    I never mentioned chlorinated chicken Sinkov (although I won't be buying any).

    Figures suggest that the percentage of people who fall ill with food poisoning annually is up to ten times higher in the US than the UK.

    https://www.sustainweb.org/news/feb18_US_foodpoisoning/
    Is that because the Americans eat 10 times more food than we do or have we got so many more people on BT's list who are dying of starvation so don't get food poisoning? Just asking!

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    12,076
    Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Is that because the Americans eat 10 times more food than we do or have we got so many more people on BT's list who are dying of starvation so don't get food poisoning? Just asking!
    Just much poorer food hygiene standards super.

    Although I do understand your point!

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,460
    Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Just much poorer food hygiene standards super.

    Although I do understand your point!
    Yes, just me having a laugh ---as usual. No point in worrying about anything.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    9,987
    Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    I never mentioned chlorinated chicken Sinkov (although I won't be buying any).

    Figures suggest that the percentage of people who fall ill with food poisoning annually is up to ten times higher in the US than the UK.

    https://www.sustainweb.org/news/feb18_US_foodpoisoning/
    More FAKE NEWS 59, you really shouldn't fall for it so often. I'll give you a clue how to spot it, and you've posted it yourself,

    "Figures suggest......."

  9. #19
    Chlorinated chicken? You need to get out more 59er.

    Name:  Hot dogs.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  34.5 KB

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    12,076
    Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    More FAKE NEWS 59, you really shouldn't fall for it so often. I'll give you a clue how to spot it, and you've posted it yourself,

    "Figures suggest......."
    Sinkov, all scientists use language like that.

    "According to our research", "Our models suggest", "Looking at evidence from elsewhere"

    They never claim that their findings are Gospel, just that, after doing the work, this is the conclusion they have come to.

    You must be familiar with this having worked in the fire service?

    If you did a report on the effectiveness of fire alarms then you might begin the piece by saying, "After looking at the available evidence we estimate that if every building was fitted with a fire alarm the number of deaths in the UK would reduce by around 15-25%"

    You wouldn't say, "If every building was fitted with a fire alarm then the number of deaths would reduce by 20%"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •