Quote Originally Posted by MissWinnie View Post
I've no wish to engage in Jack bashing, but he's a 24 year old highly paid and talented young man who was honoured with the immense privilege of being awarded his boyhood team's Captain armband. He posted a message about staying home to save lives, so he knew full well the implications of what he did, and the power of his position to influence others. In exchange for that privilege, it is his selfish stupidity that is highlighted above that of any of the other selfish idiots, who have been lucky enough to fly under the radar. His behaviour is no worse than theirs, but he had a responsibility to be a good role model here. I suspect he knows that and accepts it.

Today it was reported that a healthy 13 year old boy died, in isolation, from the coronavirus today. If we all stay healthy, this time will pass for us, and Jack. That boy and many others will never get the chance to be bored.

I hope the money from the £150,000 fine will help the health service in Birmingham continue in the wonderful, selfless, and humbling work that they are doing to look after us all.

Keep safe everyone, including Jack x

So eloquently put Winnie.

As the total number of deaths escalate it’s so disappointing that not only Jack but others as well are unable to do what is being asked of them to protect people simply because they are bored. Unbelievable.

Take care everyone.