+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Aussie takeaway alcohol allowances

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

O/T:- Aussie takeaway alcohol allowances

Per person, per day. These have been reduced slightly to ensure stock doesn't deplete.

Beer: 4 cases

Wine: 12 bottles

Cask wine: 3 casks

Spirits: 4 bottles

Premix drinks: 4 cases

Cider: 4 cases.

That was the restriction 6 days ago. Domestic violence in WA up 11% and we're not even in full lockdown yet.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 01-04-2020 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Added omitted 'O/T:-' prefix

Bonkers isn't it ( obviously not the domestic violence). I've actually gone back to basics in these times and reignited the home brew. First batch due to be cracked open next week. Coopers lager! Also downgraded to cask wine - my god its terrible but needs must in these tricky times.

Hows your work status up there? Pretty rooted down here as the local area is tourism dependent so mass job losses and my own business even though its online suffering very badly indeed.I would assume the same in Cairns? Should get the job keepers for the Mrs and I though and also 1 staff member so I can re-employ them to do a stock take which saves me being involved. Keeps the wolf from the door for the next 6 months anyway.

Cairns is on its knees....tourism and thats it basically. I was a tour guide but luckily I jagged a job at the hospital. its going to take Cairns a very long time to recover from this. They've relied for far too long on firstly the Japanese and more recently the Chinese tourists to prop up tourism. As you would know, many domestic tourists opt for overseas (Bali, Thailand etc.) holidays as it's far cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    Cairns is on its knees....tourism and thats it basically. I was a tour guide but luckily I jagged a job at the hospital. its going to take Cairns a very long time to recover from this. They've relied for far too long on firstly the Japanese and more recently the Chinese tourists to prop up tourism. As you would know, many domestic tourists opt for overseas (Bali, Thailand etc.) holidays as it's far cheaper.
    Sunny Coast has more diversity than you lot but not Noosa area which is royally screwed. Hastings St is like a ghost town not to mention the large Corona Virus pockets that were there from the dude from Colorado. Personally I think I will get back to 80% business pretty quickly when this is over the rest will be a struggle but going to be waiting until at least September for that. Good job on the hospital how on earth did you manage that?

Been sticking my resume in for a couple of years now, but it's Qld Govt and not a lot happens very quickly. I think this current situation has obviously increased the need for staff and, although I'm only in the kitchen, its a starting point and opportunities will arise. I don't intend to hang around in the kitchen for long.

After tourism, it's sugar up here; not a big employer. The pilot's strike crippled Cairns for a long time, this is worse by who knows how many times. Many won't recover as it will take along time before overseas tourists start arriving in any meaningful numbers.

I'll have the black and white flag hanging in the hospital in no time and will be teaching them the Wheelbarrow song.

I'll have the black and white flag hanging in the hospital in no time and will be teaching them the Wheelbarrow song.
    That'll be hard work

Cask wine...that has a few colourful names up here. Most too politically incorrect to mention on here.

You lucky buggers, went to coop yesterday and could only buy 2 cans of each type of beer.

Luckily I went to Brugge for the weekend a few weeks before this kicked off and still have quite a few crates.

Might set up an online store for it!!

We can ship supplies over if anyone requires.

Beer: 4 cases
    Wine: 12 bottles
    Cask wine: 3 casks
    Spirits: 4 bottles
    Premix drinks: 4 cases
    Cider: 4 cases.
    I'm over the ditch in NZ. One thing different to England is that you can buy a still here and legally distill your own spirits. I did not think much of this until last week when all the offie's were closed down. You can still get beer, wine and cider at the supermarkets but not the top shelf stuff. So, if and when we get through all this a still is one of the things near the top of my list. Can't imagine there will be any opportunity to get duty free between now and Christmas.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast