+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: football clubs on furlough

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

football clubs on furlough

tax payer essentially subsidising multimillionaires' wages.

link:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...rlough-scheme/

If I am reading this right it's the non-playing staff that are being placed on furlough.

The Tottenham chairman puts Jewish businessmen into a very bad light. Greed and selfishness are not the examples we need to see right now.

Levy is not alone, non-Jewish chairmen like Ashley and the three muppets who run West Ham are equally as loathsome.

Thank God we have a chap running our club who puts his staff and the local community first.

Attachment 15386

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    If I am reading this right it's the non-playing staff that are being placed on furlough.
    The Tottenham chairman puts Jewish businessmen into a very bad light. Greed and selfishness are not the examples we need to see right now. Levy is not alone, non-Jewish chairmen like Ashley and the three muppets who run West Ham are equally as loathsome.
    Thank God we have a chap running our club who puts his staff and the local community first.
    Attachment 15386
    Why does Levy put Jewish businessmen into a very bad light ?

I think BT is right. (Lord be praised!)

It only applies to those that earn less than £250,000 PA.

Full praise to BFC though

they're passing on cost of paying non-playing staff to gvt. frees up cash to keep playing staff on full pay.

should be playing staff taking the hit so that state doesn't have to step in.

Quote Originally Posted by footy le bordel View Post
    they're passing on cost of paying non-playing staff to gvt. frees up cash to keep playing staff on full pay.

Agree with you 100% f_l_b. 50% of £150k a week would still help you to get by.

Quote Originally Posted by footy le bordel View Post

Lots of contractual problems involved in playing staff taking the hit, although that would seem the correct way to do things if they are messing about with things. Not as easy to resolve as many think.

Phook me Flooty, have they let you out of jail ? Lol

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Phook me Flooty, have they let you out of jail ? Lol
    aye, they had to. apparently i was a bad influence on the other lags.

hope you're keeping well.

i'd tell you to keep your distance from other folk, but with a mug like yours i'm sure that's not a problem.

If this COVID-19 malarkey does not Passover soon, the EPL might be foooooked…

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...ily_newsletter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)