+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 30% wage cut

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie_Jacko View Post
    The majority of us have had to take a 20% pay cut no questions asked we just have to. But we are happy to 1 because we are not at Fu(king work so why should we earn a full wage, 2 because we hope in time it will help the country get back to where it needs to be. These guys on extortionate wages are only being asked to take 10 % more of a cut than us and are kicking up a fuss about it. It's a disgrace people like Rooney talking out against it. They should never earn the money they do for kicking a ball about. So for them to expect to still earn it when they are sat at home not playing or even training. They need a reality check.
    Well put. Money in football went mad a long time ago, and it's during times like these that we see how greedy these *******s get.

Liverpool have furloughed their staff now, saving about £1 million.

7th richest club in the world. wage bill of £310 million with £43 million paid to agents last year.

I take it all these clubs in the Premier League that have furloughed non playing staff won't be signing players in the next few transfer windows then.

what people dont understand is most top level footballers already give vast somes to charity trusts and hospitals alread
    this way they make sure the money goes where they want
    if they give up 30 % of their wages who sasy that is goingt to anything good
    pay some civil servants
    some illegal immigrants food bill
    some dossers benefits

at least when they give it is generally going to a good cause

ozil donates 280 thousnad to a hospital
    zaha gives 10% of his wages already to charaties
    there is already common goals where all players give a percentage of their earnings every week to charity

sterling gave loads to the grenfell tower and also has many carities off his own
    defoe has his foundation
    and built a hospital for children in the carrabean
    salah already helps 450 families in his own country plus gave 25000 to local footballers and gave 2.5 million to a egyptian cancer charity

many of them set up foundations as well
    carragher has and a few others

so they aint all greedy *******s

but that would not make good reporting

zaha OWNS property company and has given all empty rooms etc to the nhs whilst the virus is on

they do loads
    get of their backs

do many on here give to charity on a weekly basis
    genuine question
    we sponsor guide dogs
    i donate to help for heroes monthly
    my daughter gives to homeless charity for young people
    my lad gives to a grey hound charity
    my missus donates monthly to a donkey charity
    one of my buisness, gives to a hospice where my partners wife passed aay
    Last edited by pboromag; 06-04-2020 at 11:13 AM.

So:
    1. Civil servants who are not only organising the payments to all folk across the peice but have to put the mechanisms in place and so on - as well as CS who are in the front line helping victims of the virus - no need to pay them then. Though the money would go to getting medicines, equipment and such like, I suspect
    2. Illegal immigrants food bill - so let them starve then.
    3. Dosser benefit claimants - is that the "daily mail" ones or are these the ones who actually claim out of genuine need about 99%. Of course that also includes disability benefits as well as well as other payments for many necessary needs.

By giving donations, footballers are off-setting their tax bill- legal but a number will do it as it helps them pay less tax. Others are genuinely grateful to earn what they earn and want to give back. So, if you're a higher rate taxpayer, you can claim, from HMRC, the difference between the basic rate of tax claimed by the charity on your donation and the higher rate of tax you actually pay. No issue with that and I see that as a good thing to do.

I do agree with your point about attacking footballers, who by their very nature are generally working class lads that have made good. And it does deflect from the real issues of the these Tory successive governments since 2010 under funding all public and sector service e.g. social services, fire fighters, police, NHS and ad on infinitum. I believe Rees-Mogg firm has informed their people how to make a "killing" from these uncertain times re the market! Oh yes but let's blame footballers as there are an easy target.

Your post had a germ of reason but again it got lost in your prejudices. Hence why at this testing time for many, we are not all in this together.

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    If you are furloghed and while off work get another job fruit picking lets say.

How does the tax work here?

Eventually someone down the line will be paying for all this though thats for sure.
    If you are furloughed you can only take on other work that is different to what you did and outside your normal working hours,

Quote Originally Posted by Curian View Post
    So:
    1. Civil servants who are not only organising the payments to all folk across the peice but have to put the mechanisms in place and so on - as well as CS who are in the front line helping victims of the virus - no need to pay them then. Though the money would go to getting medicines, equipment and such like, I suspect
    2. Illegal immigrants food bill - so let them starve then.
    3. Dosser benefit claimants - is that the "daily mail" ones or are these the ones who actually claim out of genuine need about 99%. Of course that also includes disability benefits as well as well as other payments for many necessary needs.

By giving donations, footballers are off-setting their tax bill- legal but a number will do it as it helps them pay less tax. Others are genuinely grateful to earn what they earn and want to give back. So, if you're a higher rate taxpayer, you can claim, from HMRC, the difference between the basic rate of tax claimed by the charity on your donation and the higher rate of tax you actually pay. No issue with that and I see that as a good thing to do.

I do agree with your point about attacking footballers, who by their very nature are generally working class lads that have made good. And it does deflect from the real issues of the these Tory successive governments since 2010 under funding all public and sector service e.g. social services, fire fighters, police, NHS and ad on infinitum. I believe Rees-Mogg firm has informed their people how to make a "killing" from these uncertain times re the market! Oh yes but let's blame footballers as there are an easy target.

Your post had a germ of reason but again it got lost in your prejudices. Hence why at this testing time for many, we are not all in this together.
    do the dossers need more money nope .
    do we need to feed illegals nope there is charities for that

yes im sure that if you do give to charity it does of set some tax but not the amounts these are giving

i dont think the nhs is inderfunded i think it does to much that it shouldnt and it supplies to much

when i had my fingers done (privateley ) i had to go and get some exrays done several weeks later
    in the local nhs hospital

in the xray deprtment aloan there were about 13 of us waiting
    6 had interpreters with them as they couldnt speak engish
    thats wrong
    and that is just in one department
    so the funding is there
    its what its been made to spend it on

i dont see the police or firefighters should get any praise in these times

the police can catch people sunbathing but couldnt catch lads wondring around with knoves and machettes ,didnt see them out on the streets then

my lads a voluntary fire fighter nad they havent been out for weeks apart from a hay fire and to assist a pile up on the A16

i dont see it putting pressure on every hospital
    peterborugh has 48-50 reported cases over the entire period 12 hospitalised the rest sent home ,and the three deaths all had underlying issues and all had been in hospital for several weeks

and unfortunately we are all in this together ,the virus doesnt know how ch you earn

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    i dont think the nhs is inderfunded
    And with that one sentence, you've rendered anything else you say on the subject absolutely redundant.

I'm not even going to get into a debate with you.

That is the most ridiculous thing you've ever said on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    And with that one sentence, you've rendered anything else you say on the subject absolutely redundant.

Before the corona virus Boris and mob were boasting about them going to fund the N.H.S. with £120 billion which looked good until John McDonald pointed out that over the years of Tory AUSTERITY they had fleeced it of £196 billion. And one dolt says they are not underfunded.

Where is education and common sense when it's most needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post

Cant see why anyone would. For a grown man to tell so many lies its embarrassing. He doesn't believe half the things he says. The truth wouldn't get a bite.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)