+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Anyone still looking forward to taking holidays abroad?

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Surely the traditional 6 week school holiday season has to be cancelled.
    The kids and teachers have had time away plus they've missed a substantial chunk of their education. Time to play catch up.
    It would also help with parents being able to return to work and not having to babysit.
    Perhaps Workforces should also be forfeiting most of their holiday allowances to help get the economy going again and repay employers and the govt.
    It's only for one year and unless this happens we run the risk of the economy opening up in early July and then grinding to a halt again from mid July to the end of August

Everyone has to pay their part and not leave it to others
    Sister and 1 niece are teaching assistant and other niece a teacher. Most of the teachers are still working so will want there holidays in July. Most of the assistants are on leave.

Place my Mrs works, when the job retention was introduced the management sent a letter to all employees and have taken 10 days from there holiday entitlement, Inc good Friday and Easter Monday (8 free choice). I'm guessing mayday (VE Friday) will now be included..

Uncle Ped's Bar in Benidorm is open......drinks are on me LOL..

It's been a long 4 months. Anyone booked/considered booking anything recently?

On a related note some of the cruise ship workers in the US have finally been let off the boats today. Should have kept Brin on there all this time

The kids and teachers have had time away plus they've missed a substantial chunk of their education. Time to play catch up.
    It would also help with parents being able to return to work and not having to babysit.
    Perhaps Workforces should also be forfeiting most of their holiday allowances to help get the economy going again and repay employers and the govt.
    It's only for one year and unless this happens we run the risk of the economy opening up in early July and then grinding to a halt again from mid July to the end of August

Everyone has to pay their part and not leave it to others
    Mrs Grist has been working as normal at her school

The only missing staff were a pregnant one and another with severe diabetes

I have many friends who are teachers. For many they have had a lot less to do, though they have still been working. They just haven't had to stay sitting in a classroom after setting the work and have been able to have great flexibility in their hours which makes a big difference.

For the school's leadership the workload has gone up massively. They've had to do loads of safeguarding checks on kids from difficult backgrounds and tons of other stuff. They've had the most work of their entire life and they deserve a holiday.

Is the usual 6 weeks necessary.
    Children's education has suffered, time to play catch up

No chance,Australia Victoria in total lock down again so that's out,America no chance.So I'm going to try Hays travel for a few nice week ends away in England, a nice country retreat wood be nice.Hays deserve all the plaudits with all the Thomas Cook employees they took on & still hoping to take more staff on also they are going to start apprenticeships for new staff.They are a lovely couple from Sunderland.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    No chance,Australia Victoria in total lock down again so that's out,America no chance.So I'm going to try Hays travel for a few nice week ends away in England, a nice country retreat wood be nice.Hays deserve all the plaudits with all the Thomas Cook employees they took on & still hoping to take more staff on also they are going to start apprenticeships for new staff.They are a lovely couple from Sunderland.
    LM, you're absolutely spot on about Hayes travel. Taking on the TC staff like they did was applaudable to say the least. They have obviously seen a niche' in the market for folk to holiday in good old UK. I hope it makes a great success for them.

Cancelled our Vegas holiday and not booking anything abroad this year. Spent loads of money on internal and external DIY and decorations. Next year will be holiday time and when we return we will appreciate all the money spent on/in our home. Holidays are great at the time of planning and taking them but, they are just memories and photos on your mobile once home.

My son, Daughter - in - Law and our two grandchildren are still looking forward to their holiday in Turkey in August as this has not been cancelled. Their choice but I wouldn't go, well not this year.

A mate of mine called me yesterday to tell me of the Hotel we stayed in last year on Kos - The Cleopatra. Second week in July this year, flight and hotel for 10 days, for £438, now that's a bargain. He's booking today. I let him know it's currently 87 degress all week...baking hot
    Last edited by Brin; 08-07-2020 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    It's been a long 4 months. Anyone booked/considered booking anything recently?

On a related note some of the cruise ship workers in the US have finally been let off the boats today. Should have kept Brin on there all this time
    Nob off Cam.....

No cruising this year as seen us have air conditioning installed instead. It has been the best holiday money spent so far......super cool when required

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Do you have to phone them or is there online booking?

Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast