+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Anyone still looking forward to taking holidays abroad?

Indeed.
    Last edited by sota; 03-04-2020 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Thanks Brin.
    I'm going to check with our insurers as well but, if I can't get a clear answer I'll have to accept losing the balance I think.
    I can't see any way that holidays in July will happen and I wouldn't want to go in present circumstances anyway.
    Pay your balance. Otherwise you have broken the contract.
    As long as you pay you will be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    Pay your balance. Otherwise you have broken the contract.
    As long as you pay you will be ok.
    Correct Crash. Nearly all travel operators are asking people to defer their holiday to next year. How they intend to fit these flights and hotel stays in with normal travellers next year, will be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Correct Crash. Nearly all travel operators are asking people to defer their holiday to next year. How they intend to fit these flights and hotel stays in with normal travellers next year, will be interesting.
    If everyone is deferring there won't be any problems unless everyone tries to double up.

Mellowmiller best to pay balance, looking at holiday bookings it said any monies due to be paid.

We should have gone to Spain on 17th March 2020, Tui cancelled on the 16th March, paid for holiday on my credit card in one go, has Martin Lewis said on TV, if holiday company not forth coming with refund, put a claim in with the bank the credit card with, ( which I knew, reason I paid with credit card ), its a section 75 to claim from bank also known has charge back, Tui tried to get me to claim on my travel insurance, I have telephoned them twice, 16th March first time when they sent me e-mail saying holiday cancelled, claim on travel insurance, when I got in touch they said e-mail about claiming on insurance should have not been sent, & a full refund would be given, after 15 days I phoned again ( Under Euro rules the company should pay the refund after 15 days ) they said waiting for the financial department to pay out.

Not forgetting the government are looking to change the rule, with holiday companies looking to give vouchers.

We are also booked with Jet2 on a 3 week package holiday to Turkey in May/June 2020, again paid in full with credit card.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    If everyone is deferring there won't be any problems unless everyone tries to double up.
    CAM, amazingly some companies may well do that for lost revenue this year.

Going on a holiday won't be on my radar anytime soon.
    Not from a practical or financial point of view

Way down the priority list

A decent gesture from the working population would be to forfeit some of their holiday entitlement this year to get the economy back on track. A lot have have time away from their normal workplace and have been financially supported by their Employers and Govt.

Maybe holiday bargains should be left to those people who have been working to keep us healthy and stocked with food

Got to get our priorities right. I'm following government's guidelines no pubs ect... then people are on about going on their jolly's abroad when this is all over. Coronavirus was brought into this country so before anyone goes anywhere or gets in this country got to be proper tests to narrow down the chances of this virus or any other returning.

We had three holidays booked, April, May and October. More important things to think about atm.
    We're looking at our options and may well go down the route of vouchers for next year rather than pursue our cash back.
    Holiday in April was Nan's treat to eldest grandaughter, she's studying for school work.
    Always next year.

My wife and I turned our house into a holiday today. We made sangria and enough homemade tapas to last the quarantine. We put on Hawaiian shirts and sunglasses and put up inflatable palm trees.
    We had a good laugh and some lovely food.
    Ready for a siesta now though.

Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast