+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 39 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Anyone still looking forward to taking holidays abroad?

In announcing layoffs at Hays Travel they said it was due to 'hundreds of thousands' of holidays being cancelled in light of the recent restrictions imposed on Spain. Were 'hundreds of thousands' really considering travelling there with everything that's going on with the pandemic? I guess the answer is yes if people are still taking cruises!

When the quarantine announced just over a week ago, there was a reported 600k holidaymakers from the UK there.

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    When the quarantine announced just over a week ago, there was a reported 600k holidaymakers from the UK there.
    I guess that explains it then when 1% of the UK population are holidaying in Spain at a point in time, even in the middle of a pandemic.

We have some vacation timeshare options that expire at the end of the year and with a 'fire sale' that's going on could get about 3 weeks in Cancun, Florida, Hawaii, Bahamas....etc. but for the sake of the approx. $1,000 we'll be out of pocket if we don't use them I'm not sure I want to take the risk of getting the virus.

And there we have it.

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    And there we have it.
    Have what?

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Have what?
    Some frigging jerk decides he/she needs to go abroad on holiday and then weeps all over Radio 4 that a 14 day quarantine will destroy his pizza delivery business and her beauty salon. Screw you numpties.

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    Some frigging jerk decides he/she needs to go abroad on holiday and then weeps all over Radio 4 that a 14 day quarantine will destroy his pizza delivery business and her beauty salon. Screw you numpties.
    Like the one the BBC dug out. A guy and his wife whinging about the crowds in Bournemouth, when asked what they did for a living what did they say?

Unbelievably they both sold holiday lets

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Like the one the BBC dug out. A guy and his wife whinging about the crowds in Bournemouth, when asked what they did for a living what did they say?

Unbelievably they both sold holiday lets
    The BBC must have a special filter. I listened to some woman presenting on Radio 4 today (God knows who but it was around late lunch time) and she had callers in on the Dover migrants. Wall to wall luvvies. Let them in!!! Give us more!!! Forget pressure on housing, schools, refuse collection, the NHS. Just let the f*ckers in so I can signal my virtue. I'm growing to hate this country of spineless, *****-whipped w*nkers queuing up to give their wives and daughters to the blacks and Muslims.

Seems like Virgin are not out of the woods. The company say they will run out of money late September if the £1.2bn financial restructuring is not approved.

"New York/London(CNN Business 5th August 2020) Virgin Atlantic has filed for bankruptcy in the United States as it races to finalize a $1.5 billion plan to rescue it from the aviation industry's worst crisis.

The company, which is based in the United Kingdom, filed for Chapter 15 bankruptcy protection in New York on Tuesday, which shelters the US assets of foreign companies undergoing restructuring proceedings in their home country.

The US filing followed a UK court hearing earlier the same day, where Virgin Atlantic obtained approval to call a meeting of creditors on August 25 to vote on the restructuring plan."

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Seems like Virgin are not out of the woods. The company say they will run out of money late September if the £1.2bn financial restructuring is not approved.

"New York/London(CNN Business 5th August 2020) Virgin Atlantic has filed for bankruptcy in the United States as it races to finalize a $1.5 billion plan to rescue it from the aviation industry's worst crisis.

The company, which is based in the United Kingdom, filed for Chapter 15 bankruptcy protection in New York on Tuesday, which shelters the US assets of foreign companies undergoing restructuring proceedings in their home country.

The US filing followed a UK court hearing earlier the same day, where Virgin Atlantic obtained approval to call a meeting of creditors on August 25 to vote on the restructuring plan."
    Should have done like the rest of us.
    Saved for a rainy day .
    Bet the top bosses are down to their last millions.

Page 19 of 39 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast