+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Anyone still looking forward to taking holidays abroad?

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Why focus it on migrant workets coming here? There are also British 'workers' travelling the globe just as likely to bring it in.
    Because they put them in "holiday" caravans up to 7 in the same van, with shared toilets and showers.

A festering ground for the virus.

Totally agree. However I wondered how the 1915 Spanish Flu was able to spread so quick around the world when there was much less travel (although I dont know the time lines - it might have been a slower process then). This virus got round the world in a matter of months.
    Do you mean the 1918 flu pandemic? There is some limited evidence of it circulating from 1915, but it really took hold from 1918 and then continued into 1920 - a period of time marked by the large scale movement of troops and displaced persons.

When there is an inquiry into the impact of and response to Covid in the UK the picture will be one of multiple introductions into a densely populated island by returning holidaymakers (including large numbers of skiiers returning from Europe) and business travellers.

Some people will still go on about Cheltenham though.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Do you mean the 1918 flu pandemic? There is some limited evidence of it circulating from 2015, but it really took hold from 2018 and then continued into 1920 - a period of time marked by the large scale movement of troops and displaced persons.

When there is an inquiry into the impact of and response to Covid in the UK the picture will be one of multiple introductions into a densely populated island by returning holidaymakers (including large numbers of skiiers returning from Europe) and business travellers.

Some people will still go on about Cheltenham though.
    If it was 1918, then yes. I guess you should review your dates too - lol.

Lol. I love the 'no you are' argument you continually put forward. Get over yourself.

Are we going to spend all morning trading insults seeing as your little dig about China didnt work. Pathetic.
    Dig about China?? What are you on about. Are you questioning the origin of the virus now?

If it was 1918, then yes. I guess you should review your dates too - lol.
    It took hold in 1917. A dig because someone quotes 2015 and 2018, is very childish. Talking of pathetic.

Gold Star for Wanchai.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Because they put them in "holiday" caravans up to 7 in the same van, with shared toilets and showers.

A festering ground for the virus.
    Probably do. And thats more a case of mistreatment of workers and abuse of system of free movement (I knew Id get the Single Market in eh Kerr). Thankfully they were there and working through the pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    It took hold in 1917. A dig because someone quotes 2015 and 2018, is very childish. Talking of pathetic.

Gold Star for Wanchai.
    It was Kerr who said it was 1918. Why not respond to him?

I get the impression you're a little touchy today.

Shame.

Why would I contest the 1918 date Kerr posted. The Spanish Flu pandemic was attributed to the year 1918.

You were trying to be a smartarse. No cigar.

Probably do. And thats more a case of mistreatment of workers and abuse of system of free movement (I knew Id get the Single Market in eh Kerr). Thankfully they were there and working through the pandemic.
    Couldn't you house some of these unfortunate souls. You appear so concerned so why can't you do your 'bit'.

Or is it a case you like to bleat on about it. Don't answer. No need.

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    I get the impression you're a little touchy today.

Shame.

Why would I contest the 1918 date Kerr posted. The Spanish Flu pandemic was attributed to the year 1918.

You were trying to be a smartarse. No cigar.
    Ah ok. So the 2 of you are in agreement it was 1918 and it did not take hold in 1917. Fair enough.

Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast