+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 24 of 39 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Anyone still looking forward to taking holidays abroad?

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Can you evidence this please with a link, photos and the company name ...ta
    Bump

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    I did indeed. If I truly had empathy with homeless people, asylum seekers etc. and truly believed they were generally good eggs, I'd be happy to put them up in a spare bedroom.

There's a mob on here, who won't have bad word said about these people. Why do they bleat on about it when they benefit from the trappings of our history and prosperity. Surely they can help people who have suffered because of the Empire.

If every person who marches on London and earns a decent living, gave up a spare room or their couch and at least fed these people 1 meagre meal a day, surely it would make a massive difference. We could even defund the police and let these caring people, educate the poor innocent people, in the evenings. What the heck, they could even smoke a peaceful joint together, in a new wonderful world.

I wonder why they never do?

I read the post about the recent request in Bristol to house homeless people. Someone on here asked John2 if he could help. He's not the silent type usually but not a peep.

Strange that. Really strange.
    I think you are mistaking people "bleating on about it" as people who are simply standing up to the endless posts blaming immigration, asylum seekers and everyone non British for the problems our economy and towns face. Face it, you'd be perfectly happy to allow this footy message board to contain unopposed propaganda for anti-immigrant views. I certainly never hear you opposed the daily stream of vitriol, some of which are perfectly valid concerns, but most of which is nonconstructive hatred including wishing other humans dead. Yet, when Kerr posts asking for constructive ideas for what should be done, nothing from them or you. If you want to keep harping on about anyone with a political view has to act out their views in their everyday life, then why not ask them and you to put their money where their mouth is, **** off to Kent beaches with some like minded souls to oppose the incoming invaders? But no, you all just sit on here and whinge endlessly

Why not ever ask Grist to stop bleating on about immigrants? Or Fire? Or the others? If they don't repeatedly post, I suspect you would hardly hear from Wan, John and myself on it. But they do, so stop whining like a big old Jessie about opposite arguments being put back to them.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    I think you are mistaking people "bleating on about it" as people who are simply standing up to the endless posts blaming immigration, asylum seekers and everyone non British for the problems our economy and towns face. Face it, you'd be perfectly happy to allow this footy message board to contain unopposed propaganda for anti-immigrant views. I certainly never hear you opposed the daily stream of vitriol, some of which are perfectly valid concerns, but most of which is nonconstructive hatred including wishing other humans dead. Yet, when Kerr posts asking for constructive ideas for what should be done, nothing from them or you. If you want to keep harping on about anyone with a political view has to act out their views in their everyday life, then why not ask them and you to put their money where their mouth is, **** off to Kent beaches with some like minded souls to oppose the incoming invaders? But no, you all just sit on here and whinge endlessly

Why not ever ask Grist to stop bleating on about immigrants? Or Fire? Or the others? If they don't repeatedly post, I suspect you would hardly hear from Wan, John and myself on it. But they do, so stop whining like a big old Jessie about opposite arguments being put back to them.
    Thanks for that windbag.

I abhor some of racist comments on here but I also see the frustration and agree with a lot of the sentiment.

When the comments go over the top, I ignore them. That’s where I stand And if the posters you mention, don’t agree that’s up to them.

I think you guys are baiting these people and attempting to get a rise. Personally I believe it distorts the argument far too often. People voted for Brexit because of immigration and the fact it’s a taboo subject.

It shouldn’t be.

The irony of you calling me a whinger is not lost on me 😂

Don’t you think it’s fair point to ask you and the likes of John2, to provide accommodation for the poor and homeless.

Anyone who reads your views, would think you wouldn’t hesitate.

Come on. Let’s identify the next dinghy with migrants on it and stick a 25yo asylum seeker, on your couch, to live with you. In the same house as your wife and young daughter.

Thought not.

Thanks for that windbag.

I abhor some of racist comments on here but I also see the frustration and agree with a lot of the sentiment.

When the comments go over the top, I ignore them. That’s where I stand And if the posters you mention, don’t agree that’s up to them.

I think you guys are baiting these people and attempting to get a rise. Personally I believe it distorts the argument far too often. People voted for Brexit because of immigration and the fact it’s a taboo subject.

It shouldn’t be.

The irony of you calling me a whinger is not lost on me ��

Don’t you think it’s fair point to ask you and the likes of John2, to provide accommodation for the poor and homeless.

Anyone who reads your views, would think you wouldn’t hesitate.

Come on. Let’s identify the next dinghy with migrants on it and stick a 25yo asylum seeker, on your couch, to live with you. In the same house as your wife and young daughter.

Thought not.
    I don't think it's fair to ask anyone who doesn't agree with what you would call racist arguments, and taking an even view on the issue of asylum seekers to by default have to house them, in the same way as I demonstrated, that if you use that logic, then anyone with political positions have to act personally and physically in their daily lives. It's a demented and false position - as I said, you're not asking Grist and Fire to man boats and fight in the channel.

You're ignoring my point: you are pointing at just one side of the argument and pulling them up on 'bleating' but ignoring the daily bleating on here about migrants? Yes? No? I don't recall you picking them up on their bleating?

And how in the name of flipperty **** is immigration a taboo subject?! It's all we seem to go on about and the press never stops going on about it! What world are you living in

Did we ever get to the bottom of whether Spanish Flu spread quicker Worldwide than Covid.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    I don't think it's fair to ask anyone who doesn't agree with what you would call racist arguments, and taking an even view on the issue of asylum seekers to by default have to house them, in the same way as I demonstrated, that if you use that logic, then anyone with political positions have to act personally and physically in their daily lives. It's a demented and false position - as I said, you're not asking Grist and Fire to man boats and fight in the channel.

You're ignoring my point: you are pointing at just one side of the argument and pulling them up on 'bleating' but ignoring the daily bleating on here about migrants? Yes? No? I don't recall you picking them up on their bleating?

And how in the name of flipperty **** is immigration a taboo subject?! It's all we seem to go on about and the press never stops going on about it! What world are you living in
    I'll post it again.

Britain voted Brexit on the immigration issue. Again in the GE. Particularly in the Labour heartlands. You come all uppity and superior about the subject because it's what you do.

To be honest I don't know what world you live in. I think a lot of the problems we face will just continue and escalate. I think people like you fuel it. You think you're morally superior and have all the solutions.

FWIW I'm living in a world that's changing fast and the future doesn't look particularly great. I think it's going a little bit like the teaching profession. We're dragging everyone down to the bottom level.

Why go on about politics. I'm talking about your core beliefs. If you are passionate about them you are in a very fortunate place. You have decent job and a relatively comfortable life. That gives you the tools to act personally and physically. WTF don't you want to? Why continually waste hours and hours on a footy messageboard?

Very ****ing strange if you ask me. A talker not a doer. Well done you.

*claps hands sarcastically*

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Did we ever get to the bottom of whether Spanish Flu spread quicker Worldwide than Covid.
    During the spring the transmission of Spanish Flu was moderate. The autumn of that year the numbers increased significantly (2nd wave)

In the mean time. me & my missus having a excellent holiday in Turkey, up the Millers, here comes another efes

I'll post it again.

Britain voted Brexit on the immigration issue. Again in the GE. Particularly in the Labour heartlands. You come all uppity and superior about the subject because it's what you do.

To be honest I don't know what world you live in. I think a lot of the problems we face will just continue and escalate. I think people like you fuel it. You think you're morally superior and have all the solutions.

FWIW I'm living in a world that's changing fast and the future doesn't look particularly great. I think it's going a little bit like the teaching profession. We're dragging everyone down to the bottom level.

Why go on about politics. I'm talking about your core beliefs. If you are passionate about them you are in a very fortunate place. You have decent job and a relatively comfortable life. That gives you the tools to act personally and physically. WTF don't you want to? Why continually waste hours and hours on a footy messageboard?

Very ****ing strange if you ask me. A talker not a doer. Well done you.

*claps hands sarcastically*
    Blimey - several issues here:

1. Why do you keep harping on about Brexit? I've said throughout that I was ambivalent on the topic and can see the positives of it (if managed well) but also the dangers to the economy.

2. People like us fuel racial tensions? How does that work? Isn't that caused by people that post daily racist (as you call them) posts (that you abhor, but are happy to ignore? Isn't it caused by the people who see fit to abuse and attack people who don't look English? Would you ignore that too?

3. Are you saying that posters on here that espouse daily rants don't have the home comfort and resources to organise and take their fight to the beaches if they feel so strongly? I would warrant that they own theor own homes now whereas I'm paying for a London mortgage! Are you saying that their views are not 'core beliefs'? Fair enough to throw the challenge to me, Wan and John but if you're in the business of impartiality (which you clearly are not) then you have to hold anyone's core beliefs to this ridiculous challenge you set, not just those on the left. If not, why not?!

Whilst we're on that topic, I'm interested in how you separate political beliefs from with 'core beliefs'? What do you mean by that? If a poster on here posts that they feel that AS are not the core problem that we face, doesn't want to get involved in scapegoating and even challenge some 'facts and figures' posted on here, is that me putting forward their core beliefs or a political opinion? If another poster posts that certain foreign cultures are 'filthy' or that some are better off being shot into the sea, is that a political belief or a core value?

4. Sorry you feel that the world is going backwards. After nearly 50 years of rule from your preferred party I would have hoped that you'd be happier. Maybe it all would have been fine if it wasn't for those pesky leftists, who keep whinging on the sidelines without any actual power? Strange that you relate that to teaching though. In my opinion, and most educationalists, the standards of teaching throughout the country has never been better with much better training for teachers and clearer definition and holding to standards which I have to say the Governments of the last 20 years deserve good credit for. I wonder what makes you think that everything is a 'race to the bottom'? You sound like a somewhat bitter old fella lamenting the illusionary 'good old days' to be honest. Not sure they ever existed tbh, not based on my Maltby school experience and early teaching days in various schools. Things are hugely improved

5. I don't intend to be morally superior - that's your filter pal

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    In the mean time. me & my missus having a excellent holiday in Turkey, up the Millers, here comes another efes
    Well done pal, enjoy it.

Page 24 of 39 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast