+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Anyone still looking forward to taking holidays abroad?

O/T Anyone still looking forward to taking holidays abroad?

WHEN this awful pandemic has been brought under control, is anyone on here looking forward to visiting far off places worldwide?

I holiday a lot abroad annually but, having spoken with the good lady earlier on today, we were both in agreement that we feel very apprehensive about going anywhere.

We've a holiday booked in June to Vegas for a week but we can kiss that one goodbye. We normally end the year around late November, by visiting our favourite Hotel in Tenerife. Thinking realistically, we wouldn't be surprised to see this not being available.

Moreover, there was a small breakout in Tenerife of the dreaded germ in a 'Hotel 10' which is quite a modern 4/5 star complex. Haven't heard any further updates on this so presume it was a very isolated case.

We all want to go back to normality asap but, there are far more serious issues to consider at this moment in time. Just wanted to see what others may think about visiting far off places once bans are lifted.

We've got a holiday in Skiathos booked for mid July and the final balance is due to be paid around the middle of this month.
    TUI are busy dealing with people who are due to go on holiday up to the end of June and they aren't commenting beyond then even though it seems apparent that nothing is going to change much for at least 6 months.
    I've decided not to pay the balance as it's too much to risk losing and I hope that TUI will refund the deposit if overseas travel is still restricted as seems likely.
    Hopefully people will be able to get away to somewhere nice next year.
    In the meantime, stay safe.

I'd be apprehensive about a weekend in Skeggy nevermind going abroad 😷
    You never know what you might catch in Skegvegas at the best of times though.

The virus doesn't seem to be doing much in Africa or Russia, maybe these places will soon be the new Costa Del Sol

Have a week in Hawaii booked for start of July. Wouldn't be much use going at the moment as anyone arriving there has to go into 14 day quarantine. Have until the end of this month to cancel without penalty which is looking the most likely outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    We've got a holiday in Skiathos booked for mid July and the final balance is due to be paid around the middle of this month.
    TUI are busy dealing with people who are due to go on holiday up to the end of June and they aren't commenting beyond then even though it seems apparent that nothing is going to change much for at least 6 months.
    I've decided not to pay the balance as it's too much to risk losing and I hope that TUI will refund the deposit if overseas travel is still restricted as seems likely.
    Hopefully people will be able to get away to somewhere nice next year.
    In the meantime, stay safe.
    Mellow, our final balance was due last week and we had no option but to pay up or we'd lose the holiday. If we didn't pay, we in effect were cancelling the holiday so our deposits of £900 (party of six) would have been lost.

We did check first though with our Insurance company if we could claim all our money back if restrictions stopped us from flying when the date comes around. Thankfully they will cover all monies lost, not sure about the excess though. Alternatively, Virgin said we can carry the holiday over for 12 months if we preferred to do that so all not lost. It's just the thought of Virgin holding our money all that time should they go bust!

Brin, I’d be in Blighty right now if it wasn’t for this chuffin’ thing. Don’t know when I’ll see my family and friends again but I suppose that’s nowt compared to what some people are going through.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Mellow, our final balance was due last week and we had no option but to pay up or we'd lose the holiday. If we didn't pay, we in effect were cancelling the holiday so our deposits of £900 (party of six) would have been lost.

We did check first though with our Insurance company if we could claim all our money back if restrictions stopped us from flying when the date comes around. Thankfully they will cover all monies lost, not sure about the excess though. Alternatively, Virgin said we can carry the holiday over for 12 months if we preferred to do that so all not lost. It's just the thought of Virgin holding our money all that time should they go bust!
    Thanks Brin.
    I'm going to check with our insurers as well but, if I can't get a clear answer I'll have to accept losing the balance I think.
    I can't see any way that holidays in July will happen and I wouldn't want to go in present circumstances anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    Brin, I’d be in Blighty right now if it wasn’t for this chuffin’ thing. Don’t know when I’ll see my family and friends again but I suppose that’s nowt compared to what some people are going through.
    We should have been there 2 weeks ago for our grandson's 4th birthday but canceled

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    Yes Sota, there are far more serious issues that have affected people, family and friends world wide, holidays are the last thing on anyone's mind at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Thanks Brin.
    I'm going to check with our insurers as well but, if I can't get a clear answer I'll have to accept losing the balance I think.
    I can't see any way that holidays in July will happen and I wouldn't want to go in present circumstances anyway.
    Not sure who you're with but we're with Insure and Go.

Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast