+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How we all getting on?

How we all getting on?

Well this is a pile **** isnt it.
    Hope everyone is ok and their families too.
    Wonder after all this how relevant the overpaid Prem player will become? We are all walking into an economic crisis once this is over thanks to that shower of ****e, who spent the last 10 years decimating the NHS.
    The longer this goes on, the less likely the season will resume I think. I'm just hoping Barrow can come into the league to replace Bury. That would be the right thing to do. And I'd give Liverpool the title. Nobody could argue they weren't the best side by a mike this season. Scrap the rest and start again next season.

Just be careful as people are going mad with this lockdown. Actually I’ve just been talking about this with the microwave and toaster and all of us agreed that things are getting bad. I didn’t mention anything to the washing machine as she puts a different spin on everything, and certainly not the fridge as he’s acting cold and distant. In the end the iron calmed me down as he said everything will be okay and no situation is too pressing!!

Take care everybody.. Alf loves you all.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Just be careful as people are going mad with this lockdown. Actually I’ve just been talking about this with the microwave and toaster and all of us agreed that things are getting bad. I didn’t mention anything to the washing machine as she puts a different spin on everything, and certainly not the fridge as he’s acting cold and distant. In the end the iron calmed me down as he said everything will be okay and no situation is too pressing!!

Take care everybody.. Alf loves you all.
    Classic, Alf!

Champs - it's weird, but when you go for a walk, everyone seems more friendly than usual, despite giving you a wide berth!
    I don't think anyone can predict what the world will look like in six months. Just imagine, though, if this virus had a 10+% death-rate, instead of 1%, what would be happening NOW!

How is everyone?are we keeping safe and well?

Fortunately we are isolated where we live anyway.
    Living mainly off home cooked meals in the freezer and enjoying the occasional takeaway delivered by a local pub.
    The local community in and around Ulverston have really come together and are organised to help anyone who needs it.
    I have 250+ bottles of wine in the flat and tomorrow 104 bottles of beer being delivered so I won't go thirsty!
    Hope you are all well, stay safe.

Seventwo - that sounds like a good set-up! No take-aways allowed in NZ.
    My children have been delivering home-cooked meals and treats to our doorstep. They're not allowed in, of course. One of the deliveries included beer. (Thanks, son!).
    It makes us feel old, but I think they're worried about us - for that very reason!
    The lock-down is very strict here. You are only allowed to walk (and shop) in your own suburb.
    We were actually questioned on this topic at a police road-block the other day. (We'd driven about a mile to walk near an estuary). We were fine, but we saw other motorists being turned back.
    Most people are OK with all this, though, because we can see it's working.
    Keep safe and well, everyone.

I think that football behind closed doors is the only way to complete the current season.
    The various TV companies, or perhaps each club, can charge to air each match live.
    Champs, no it won't be the same, nothing will for a long while.
    Som'ats better than nowt. Stay safe.

So sad to see that Norman Hunter died from the virus today.

Very sad to hear that too.
    Leeds tended to be one of the teams that other fans "loved to hate", but I've been watching some clips from that era, and they really did have a brilliant squad.

Our first day after coming out of Level 4 lock-down.
    COVID is just about gone here, because of the prompt, effective action taken five weeks ago.
    We are going for a joint dinner with our son and daughter tomorrow. We are so looking forward to seeing them all properly after all this time.
    Hope everything is well with all of you.
    A slight case of "too late" with Boris, but at least he's not as clueless as Trump!

New Zealand did brilliantly with their swift approach to things,unfortunately we were a month too late with getting things wrapped up.
    Cheltenham races was a monumental error going ahead and now we are looking at the problems that caused.
    As you said aucks,be thankful we dont have trump as our leader.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)