+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How we all getting on?

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Our first day after coming out of Level 4 lock-down.
    COVID is just about gone here, because of the prompt, effective action taken five weeks ago.
    We are going for a joint dinner with our son and daughter tomorrow. We are so looking forward to seeing them all properly after all this time.
    Hope everything is well with all of you.
    A slight case of "too late" with Boris, but at least he's not as clueless as Trump!
    Enjoy your dinner date Aucks!

It wasn't a slight case of too late with Boris, it has been incompetence from the start, eye off the ball, Brexit got in the way, scandalous lies day after day ever since. The Health and Safety Executive must investigate the lack of PPE for NHS staff and prosecute. At that stage at least the liar in chief, Matt Hancock, should resign.

I hadn't heard about Cheltenham races, Robin.
    Talk about the old boys' network overpowering common sense!

Seventwo - I accept that I was being over-generous to Boris and co!
    I'm not usually that charitable. Perhaps I was in a relieved mood.

The dinner was brilliant. Ten of us, and we went for a long walk at the beach first. To be honest, we have been remarkably lucky with the weather during lock-down. My garden has never been so tidy! It's the equivalent of late-October here and it was 22 degrees yesterday. In fact, we have a drought-problem. Auckland's reservoirs are below 50% for the first time in decades.

Quote Originally Posted by seventwo View Post
    Enjoy your dinner date Aucks!

It wasn't a slight case of too late with Boris, it has been incompetence from the start, eye off the ball, Brexit got in the way, scandalous lies day after day ever since. The Health and Safety Executive must investigate the lack of PPE for NHS staff and prosecute. At that stage at least the liar in chief, Matt Hancock, should resign.
    I agree with you 100% Sven. I agree with every single word you said. And if there was a way of handling this incorrectly, we have done so.
    It's only coming out now that they have been lying about the deaths. Care homes account for a 3rd of the actual death toll. Which purposely where being left out. We have the 2nd highest death rate in europe. By the end of this, we will be the highest. Incompetence has lead to this, nothing else.
    People out clapping the NHS on their doorsteps every Thurs at 8pm is a joke. Most of them voted Tory.
    Boris, Raab, etc all stood and applauded themselves in Parliment in 2017 because they refused a 1% pay increase for NHS staff. Now they divert the attention away from their own mistakes by talking up the same NHS they decimated over the past 10 years.

Aucks, your PM has handled things so well. Ours has done everything completely wrong.
    He wasnt ill. He was kept out of the way for 2 weeks. And now hes gone on paternity leave. He hasn't been our PM since he became PM.

This country will be on its arse for decades after all this. And one saving grace, over the coming years more and more will come out re the lies, incompetence etc. That resulted in thousands dying. And they keep throwing money at the problem meaning we will probably never financially recover.

At least the bottom will fall out of football, which is a good thing. The average players in the Champ gets paid £26k a week. That will stop. Premier league footballers will become a joke. And no longer relevant.
    Folk wont be able to afford to carry on going to football. My season ticket wont be renewed. I know now that I simply wouldn't be able to afford that luxury. Thousands like me wont. Loads of clubs will fold which is sad to see, like Bury.
    It will all catch up with Rovers eventually. Even Venkys have now been massively affected by all of this.

Champs - it's hard to know what to think.
    The WHO has taken a lot of stick (and like everyone else, they did get some things wrong), but I've had a look at some of their reports over the last few years, and I have to say, they have been more or less predicting something like this for quite a while!
    One thing I have noticed in particular: the countries that listened to scientists and medical personnel have done a hell of a lot better than those that listened to the economists and big business!

(Excellent post, by the way. I've just read it out to my wife [who says she loves you!], and forwarded it to my son and daughter).
    Last edited by AucklandRover; 30-04-2020 at 11:00 AM.

We have just 1% of the worlds population but will soon have 20% of the total deaths!

I read that Trump gets a daily briefing from the security services.
    Every day for a month he ignored their warnings of how quickly the virus was spreading.

Hope you manage another outing soon Aucks

Seventwo- it's just nice to be able to go a bit further afield.
    During Level Four, we were only allowed in our suburb and the neighbouring one.
    As I mentioned, this was monitored pretty thoroughly, and were checked by the police on one occasion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)