+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Letter from Boris

O/T:- Letter from Boris

6pm and the undated but signed letter from Boris has just been delivered. My instinct before opening it was to mark it RTS but I fear it is too late to have any benefit.

Never mind, he meant well at the time.

Have you got yours yet?
    Last edited by SwalePie; 10-04-2020 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    6pm and the undated but signed letter from Boris has just been delivered. My instinct before opening it was to mark it RTS but I fear it is too late to have any benefit.

Have you got yours yet?
    Got it this morning, along with a letter saying that my wife is in the 'at risk' category. Who the ****s gonna fetch the coal from the coal yard now?

Have you got yours yet?
    Ues, but I only knew about it because I put the recycling bin out and the mrs had chucked it without telling me!

Nothing more important at the current time than a potentially viral postman delivering old news to every single letterbox on his(or her) round.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Got it this morning, along with a letter saying that my wife is in the 'at risk' category. Who the ****s gonna fetch the coal from the coal yard now?
    Put panniers on the dog, Gumpster.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    Nothing more important at the current time than a potentially viral postman delivering old news to every single letterbox on his(or her) round.

I open the mail on the floor, Take the letter out with fingers that haven't touched the envelope, trust the paper has been out of human touch long enough for any virus to have died, throw the envelope away and then wash my hands.

However I suspect that most of this is spread in the air and for further distances than originally estimated.

A thorough analysis of exactly how Boris and co caught it would be interesting. There must be enough video and witness evidence to come up with plausible explanations like someone coughing at a meeting, and how did they get it? Follow government guidelines eh!

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Put panniers on the dog, Gumpster.

Sadly my old dog dies a few years back.

These 2 could could possibly carry a lump each tho?

Name:  IMG_0001.jpg
Views: 472
Size:  89.9 KB

I open the mail on the floor, Take the letter out with fingers that haven't touched the envelope, trust the paper has been out of human touch long enough for any virus to have died, throw the envelope away and then wash my hands.

However I suspect that most of this is spread in the air and for further distances than originally estimated.

A thorough analysis of exactly how Boris and co caught it would be interesting. There must be enough video and witness evidence to come up with plausible explanations like someone coughing at a meeting, and how did they get it? Follow government guidelines eh!
    I open the mail on the floor where it falls using a paper knife, (wearing disposable gloves). Wipe the envelopes down with an anti-bac wipe. Trusting that the contents are safe. Throw the envelopes away in the recycling, wipe the floor and gloves and anything else I've touched with the wipe. Bin gloves and wipe, wash hands.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    I open the mail on the floor where it falls using a paper knife, (wearing disposable gloves). Wipe the envelopes down with an anti-bac wipe. Trusting that the contents are safe. Throw the envelopes away in the recycling, wipe the floor and gloves and anything else I've touched with the wipe. Bin gloves and wipe, wash hands.
    Sorry, anti-bacs aren't going to work. You're better off with a disinfectant that "kills 99% germs" (not 99% bacteria). And what's the point since you're washing your hands anyway. That's the argument against some "home protection", you've just added extra layers of potential. Use a tissue in your hand instead. I use a tissue when bringing the bin back in, then a bleach wipe and I do the outside door handles whilst I'm at it not that we get any visitors.

Bloody yobs going around spitting on their hands and then wiping them on supermarket food and door handles, now I'd go for sharia law there and just chop one hand off for the first offence, the other for the second,, and if they manage to do it a third time off with their head as there's nothing inside there anyway.

Very good of Boris to write to us, but if we write back to him will he read it himself? If I thought he would, I'd be lazy and simply copy the Royal College of Nursing statement:

The lack of personal protective equipment (PPE) for nurses is "fundamentally compromising" their safety and the care they can give patients, the UK's Royal College of Nursing is warning. The union says nurses are being forced to share equipment, buy their own or reuse single-use kit. It says the shortage means nurses face "impossible decisions between their own or their family's health and their sense of duty". Writing to Parliament's health committee chairman Jeremy Hunt, the union's chief executive says: "Although there are announcements that millions of pieces of PPE are being distributed, they aren't reaching the frontline across all health and care settings."

Seeing as Boris and his party are continually praising our "brilliant NHS staff", I'm sure they would get off their arses and do something about it.

Eventually.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast