+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Latest News...

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    Makes a fair bit of sense to me. Perhaps someone can tell me who thought it was a bright idea to treat the season termination vote and restructuring as two separate issues as opposed to two parts of the one. The SPFL's move was destined to lead to exactly the kind of divisions we're seeing now. That's divisions between clubs, not league divisions!

Quote Originally Posted by louisxiv View Post
    Makes a fair bit of sense to me. Perhaps someone can tell me who thought it was a bright idea to treat the season termination vote and restructuring as two separate issues as opposed to two parts of the one. The SPFL's move was destined to lead to exactly the kind of divisions we're seeing now. That's divisions between clubs, not league divisions!

terminate dundee from the football leagues and get this done and dusted ,dundee are wasting everyones time ,i say boot them out of scottish football .clubs could go to the wall through dundees dithering .

A step in the right direction? https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52297066

At long last common sense prevails.

Papers suggesting a 14 - team top league and 3 leagues of 10 - I have no idea what other plans Mrs Budge and her fellow committee members will come up with but I personally hope it something more radical than this basic same old, same old !
    Last edited by Ftivano1; 16-04-2020 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by louisxiv View Post
    A step in the right direction? https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52297066
    Not totally sure that the relegated clubs were fairly treated in that there was a lot to play for so the outcome was certainly not guaranteed and they have justified grievances. Queens got out of jail as our form going into the suspension was abject at best and we must have been favorites to end up bottom of the Championship. Restructuring will address this injustice for some but we need to be more ambitious with the changes so that some excitement is injected into the lower divisions as playing one another four times in a season leads to stagnation and hence apathy from the wavering supporters. Larger leagues with more teams in them is the obvious way to go.

Poor decision overall and a complete cop out.
    I applaud the Jags for there totally diplomatic statement. The season should have been played out to a sporting conclusion whenever.
    The monetary payout debate is a smokescreen. There is only a small balance to be paid out because chunks of the monies have already been distributed to clubs prior to the current Covid crisis. So much for the "Fair Play" banner on kits. No fair play here.
    And Hello, not for the first time, a convenient time to open up the debate on restructuring the league setup ably chaired by the 2 clubs facing relegation from the Premier League. Fancy that.
    Would it not make sense to wait out and see how many clubs go bust first before any restructuring takes place.
    There is no evidence at present to suggest when any future football season is likely to start and under what conditions.
    In the words of the famous Mastermind quizmaster, "I have started, so I will finish".

That statement is a credit to Thistle, their supporters as well as the board showing consummate dignity in the circumstances. A lesson to other clubs.

Wacqos, - waiting for clubs to go bust is akin to the 10 green bottles song.

There will be many, many twists and turns before any sort of normality returns for all of us, and only then can a decision be made on how to resume our national game. None of us has a crystal ball, never mind a football, so we may have to endure this horrendous lockdown for some considerable time, perhaps until such times as a vaccine has been discovered and all 7.5 billion of us inoculated.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)