+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 48 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Dundee United - Championship winners 2019/20

The Establishment clubs will always feck us over. The the Rangers, The Purple Huns and The Fundee.

Hope they all go bust.

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    The spfl can quite easily pay out the money on league placings as it stands nothing stopping them. This deal was railroaded through with knowledge ckubs needed cash. I dont know the ideal scenario but regardless of this, hearts would have taken this further. You could not relegate partick and stranraer and save hearts. A blind man can see celtic, dundee utd and cove would win the leagues but what of league 1?
    No easy way out but no real need for spfl to withold cash. Cant really blame my club for no fancying it as it moves the rules and gives us no chance of play off.
    Good of you to come out speak Eric but don’t really see any justification for how dundee acted yesterday.

As you say finishing league impossible and this was the fairest alternative.

Hibs were right to say - the least worst option

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    I wonder if you would be saying the same if the roles were reversed 🤔
    4 years ago I think there were plenty of us saying that we deserve to go down. And we did.

But, as I say, that’s how I feel about Hearts but the bottom line is United getting promoted. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by deebuster View Post
    The Establishment clubs will always feck us over. The the Rangers, The Purple Huns and The Fundee.

Hope they all go bust.
    Post of the thread and 100% truth.

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Good of you to come out speak Eric but don’t really see any justification for how dundee acted yesterday.

As you say finishing league impossible and this was the fairest alternative.

Hibs were right to say - the least worst option
    Good post from Eric apart from the cant really blame my club. What Nelms has done is a noose around your clubs neck regadless

The theatre of Scottish football often moves between tragedy and farce. Yesterday it was farce.

The most confused on the stage, Dundee FC.

In the first act wanting promotion.

In the second act proposing no promotion and ending the season.

Next, arguing against ending the season.

In the final act this most ardent voter somehow failed to vote

The audience know the real reasons for all this. It was an orgy of self interest and incompetence yesterday.

Like the horrible backdrop of covid 19, this sad spectacle grinds on

Maybe Mr Bennet made that call to discuss the rent ‘situation’ after all?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    4 years ago I think there were plenty of us saying that we deserve to go down. And we did.

But, as I say, that’s how I feel about Hearts but the bottom line is United getting promoted. Period.
    Yeah because we ENDED the season at the bottom of the league. The two things are not comparable. I'm no Hearts fan by any means but you can't say they 'deserve' to be relegated and then talk about sporting integrity. The whole thing is a sh1t storm and will be decided in the least unfair way.

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    you can't say they 'deserve' to be relegated
    Well I did.

"An orgy of self interest and incompetence yesterday"

LSArab thats a wonderful sum up

Page 19 of 48 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)