+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Food/ale van at NYS again

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Food/ale van at NYS again

Let’s hope flour isn’t looking in.

After many requests we are doing another ‘one off’ pop up shop.

Pukka Pies
    Coated Chicken
    Jacket Potatoes
    Sausages
    Breadcakes

We will also have the new stock of Chantry Brewery - Mighty Millers 🍺

Rotherham United FC
    AESSEAL New York Stadium
    Saturday 11th April 2020
    10am to 2pm

To comply with government guidelines, please keep a distance of 2 metres apart while waiting to purchase products.

* Card payment only please

Name:  C2043D66-BB92-40E4-A41E-2586F0C83F1D.jpg
Views: 753
Size:  19.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Name:  C2043D66-BB92-40E4-A41E-2586F0C83F1D.jpg
Views: 753
Size:  19.1 KB
    Looking at it Millertop 12 pukka pies for £15, I get 3 packs of 2 pukka pies for a £5 at Farmfoods, so 6 for a £5.

Total madness. Got to stop this.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Total madness. Got to stop this.
    I don't have a huge problem with this as long as it is done correctly. I didn't go to the first one and probably won't go this time either but I see no reason why the pop-up shops cannot be at the end of the road, adjacent to the North-west corner of the stadium. Cars could drive in through Don Street and queue up if necessary without people having to get out of them until they reach the shop. They then place their order, pay and get back in their cars, exiting onto the main road. Very limited interaction and considerably less than at the supermarkets despite their amazing efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by tony260674 View Post
    I don't have a huge problem with this as long as it is done correctly. I didn't go to the first one and probably won't go this time either but I see no reason why the pop-up shops cannot be at the end of the road, adjacent to the North-west corner of the stadium. Cars could drive in through Don Street and queue up if necessary without people having to get out of them until they reach the shop. They then place their order, pay and get back in their cars, exiting onto the main road. Very limited interaction and considerably less than at the supermarkets despite their amazing efforts.
    I was thinking along the same lines but if it leads to people making 'unnecessary' trips, having 'unnecessary' road accidents, calling upon 'unnecessary' emergency/health services...Unlikely I know but no different than not wanting people out and about in cars doing sightseeing when there's no need for them to be. I'd love to be able to get 5lb of sausage for that price but won't be taking an 'unnecessary' 5,000 mile flight

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I was thinking along the same lines but if it leads to people making 'unnecessary' trips, having 'unnecessary' road accidents, calling upon 'unnecessary' emergency/health services...Unlikely I know but no different than not wanting people out and about in cars doing sightseeing when there's no need for them to be. I'd love to be able to get 5lb of sausage for that price but won't be taking an 'unnecessary' 5,000 mile flight
    The reason I will probably not go CA is that I live 6 miles away and there are other places nearer that I could get to for my food needs. If I lived a bit closer then I would definitely give it some serious thoughts, especially if it was organised as I suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by tony260674 View Post
    There are ways round it like you say Tony but it needs managing properly I dont think you can just chuck a kiosk up an d have no rules for purchasing from it in this day and age.

At a time when police are asking to Gov to tighten regulation on lockdowns coming into the Easter weekend.

Quote Guardian "Police chiefs want the government to consider toughening coronavirus lockdown restrictions, the Guardian has learned, as they head into the Easter bank holiday weekend with concerns that a growing minority will flout the rules."

Not the best time to be doing tbh

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast