+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Delay and Finish

Quote Originally Posted by ALBOWLLY View Post
    Because this season is more than 75% of the way through. Completing the current season when it is so far on should take priority. We don't know when we'll be playing football again. It is quite possible it won't be till October, so playing a full 20-21 season would be impossible. Had this crisis hit back in October then abandoning 2019-20 would have been the obvious answer but I'm loathe to see so much work uncompleted.
    As I've said before, TV will play a major part in what happens with regards next season. Sky ain't gonna just sit back and say "Aye **** it. **** the £150M deal we've just signed with you, and don't worry about the thousands of millions we'll be making back in revenue either, just scrap it all so you can get your 8 games played". Not a hope in hell.

There is no way this is going to be over in time for the new season.

Fair enough... I may have done microbiology at Uni 20 + years ago at Uni and am currently not involved in any corona related stuff, but until either we all have had it and develop personal immunity or a vaccine is distributed 100% in a country there will be ZERO normality.

This will be way quicker than 18 months suggested, as everyone and their uncle is throwing money at it and big pharma will make a mint even givign it away. But still the economy is fecked worse than 1920's depression at the end of this..

If you can still afford to see the next footy game that is open to the public at Tannadice, well done, you have survived corona and can still afford to feed your family.

The fall out from protecting the 10% that will inevitably die from this will mortgage the 90% and their children for a LOT more than the banks bail out in 2008.

Football will not be back this season, or maybe even next.

I expect a few teams to die completely before then and new teams to take their place. The world will look drastically different on the other side of this.

Quote Originally Posted by A. J View Post
    And why is there a vote? Just so the SPL & Co can say it wasn't their fault

They run the leagues and they should have the balls to make the decision and deal with the consequences
    The SPFL are the clubs, this is a reasonable move in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by eastfifearabman View Post

Fair enough... I may have done microbiology at Uni 20 + years ago at Uni and am currently not involved in any corona related stuff, but until either we all have had it and develop personal immunity or a vaccine is distributed 100% in a country there will be ZERO normality.

This will be way quicker than 18 months suggested, as everyone and their uncle is throwing money at it and big pharma will make a mint even givign it away. But still the economy is fecked worse than 1920's depression at the end of this..

If you can still afford to see the next footy game that is open to the public at Tannadice, well done, you have survived corona and can still afford to feed your family.

The fall out from protecting the 10% that will inevitably die from this will mortgage the 90% and their children for a LOT more than the banks bail out in 2008.

I expect a few teams to die completely before then and new teams to take their place. The world will look drastically different on the other side of this.
    ffs, you're a right cheery chunt

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/co...ril/?rid=14258

No football till July, thats the season over IMO no way we'll start up this season again after that date, no happening

Whars that f ucking league trophy

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/co...ril/?rid=14258

No football till July, thats the season over IMO no way we'll start up this season again after that date, no happening

Whars that f ucking league trophy
    Says 10th June?

FWIW Spain have set three dates in May & June to get going again, most likely behind closed doors.

Quote Originally Posted by eastfifearabman View Post

I feel like going to a hoose perty getting the virus, dying and letting you lot worry about the bills.

There 3 main reasons why this season is going to be finished early and called as it stands -

1. Sky

2. Sky

3. and, er, Sky.

And that’s all there is to it.

To add to the previous and I can’t quite bring myself to say this but it’s true - ‘Thank phuck for Murdoch’.

Otherwise we’d be at the mercy of the ‘establishment’ Clubs spouting their Null And Void pish.

[QUOTE=JamesMcClean;39473932] - ‘Thank phuck for Murdoch’.

Stewart ?.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)