Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
It sure was. But that doesn't mean that we should ignore the broad scope of appointments to the shadow front bench that hugely eclipse the one controversial appointment, and maintain that "nothing has changed" with Labour as has been suggested. I think that there are many great appointments unifying centre and left and hope that we can at last unite after years of infighting to be an effective opposition.
A number of these Grooming Gang crimes have been committed in heartland communities , Huddersfield , Rochdale and Rotherham off the top of my head and there's a few more too .

At a time when the party is fighting for it's political existence in the heartlands it seems to me to be an appointment that's lacking in any kind of thought .

The three towns mentioned are surrounded by other towns and city's and so the crimes are greatly felt by a huge number of people who do not necessarily live within the borough of those towns .

When people vote Tory for the first time as they did at the last election they will find anything to justify doing just that because it was for many a very uncomfortable thing to do .

This is another one of those London type decisions in my opinion from the Labour Party and show there's a huge amount of work to be done in the heartlands to reconnect with the electorate .

Extremely poor appointment .