+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Nightclubs Of Your Youth.

The Nightclubs Of Your Youth.

Where did you lot hang out?

Any of these on your list gents?

Christopher’s Kingswinford.

McCoys/ Mr Tweedies Stourbridge.

Rothschilds Stourbridge.

Jesters Stourbridge.

The Dome Birmingham.

Eves Wolverhampton.

Valentino’s Leeds.

My favourite was Rothschilds in Stourbridge......it was a wine bar and club and from 78-84 I seemed to live in there more than I did my home!

Don’t know those Mick. Where was The Dome?

I went to

Sloopys Birmingham
    Rum Runner Birmingham
    Rainbow Suite Birmingham

Above Bearwood Ice Rink. This was the first club (it was disco really). I was 16 where I had first real drinks

Top Rank Birmingham Suite. More an upbeat dance hall. Saw some great live acts there including the original Fleetwood Mac and Spencer Davis Group before they made it big.

The Dome was formerly “The Night Out” Q.

Chicken in a basket and a “top” act 🙄

I went in 79 and saw Ted “Dusty Bin” Rodgers who was as funny as Covid in an old people’s home.

I went to the bar with the girlfriend’s dad to get drinks and as we struggled back with drinks the music started and “Blame it on the boogie” by the Jackson’s was being sung as flat as a witches t I t by my girlfriend of the time Jill.

It was her 18th birthday and Ted had been tipped of and dragged her up to serenade us all.

Seeing her on stage her dad Bill turned to me as we struggled with the drinks and said.......”Jesus.....let’s stay down here until she’s finished! 😆😆

When it became The Dome nightclub I went one night with my brother and his mates.

My brother surprised one young lady who turned his advances down by pouring a pint of Brew X1 over her head🤭😫

Cue the mayhem as the bouncers chased the four of us all around the venue.

Hilarious after we escaped but not so funny when it happened!

Mothers Club in Erdington, lots of musicians went there that eventually became very famous.

Opposite Lock Club, Gas St, Birmingham, the owner, Martin Hone, a very average racing driver, was something of a ‘wide boy’!

Rum Runner

Chateau Impney, used to be a ‘club’ of sorts in the basement every weekend, ‘substances’ available!

There was another place, similar to Chateau Impney, can’t remember the name but it was rough and even more substances available! Came out of the place one night and a bloke was lying across the bonnet of a car having been stabbed!

There were other establishments that I frequented but I can’t remember the names, probably paled into insignificance compared to the above.

Or discos as I once called them much to the merriment of my kids.

All these memories from the 70's with some acts I recall seeing. Used to love a night out

West Brom
    Sandy's-Lenny Henry Bernard Manning

Steering Wheel Club-Freddie and the Dreamers

One in Wednesbury can't remember the name been trying to forget the girl (shudder)

Brum

Dolce Vita-night club upstairs disco down- Dave Allen and a topless girl band. A fine ensemble they were too.

The Night Out-Frankie Vaughan he was very good. Tommy Cooper saw him 10 years later and his act was the same

Rebeccas, Barbarellas, Rum Runner, Romulus, Top Rank, Tower Ballroom grab a granny on a Wednesday night, one above the ice rink in town

Don't think they have the slow dances at the end anymore. If we hadn't scored by the time they started we used to call any girl we chose to dance with with 10 to 2ers

Happy blooddy days

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    Mothers Club in Erdington, lots of musicians went there that eventually became very famous.

Opposite Lock Club, Gas St, Birmingham, the owner, Martin Hone, a very average racing driver, was something of a ‘wide boy’!

Rum Runner

Chateau Impney, used to be a ‘club’ of sorts in the basement every weekend, ‘substances’ available!

There was another place, similar to Chateau Impney, can’t remember the name but it was rough and even more substances available! Came out of the place one night and a bloke was lying across the bonnet of a car having been stabbed!

There were other establishments that I frequented but I can’t remember the names, probably paled into insignificance compared to the above.
    We probably bumnped into each other! Mothers, Opposite Lock and Rum Runners were my/our regular haunts too. Claim-to-fame: I was at Mothers Club for the live recording of Pink Floyd's Ummagumma (April '69) -- though due to technical problems much of it had to be re-recorded a few dayts later in Manchester..

Quote Originally Posted by OldThrostle View Post
    We probably bumnped into each other! Mothers, Opposite Lock and Rum Runners were my/our regular haunts too. Claim-to-fame: I was at Mothers Club for the live recording of Pink Floyd's Ummagumma (April '69) -- though due to technical problems much of it had to be re-recorded a few dayts later in Manchester..
    I always wanted to go to Mothers. Too far away.

I remember in my youth, all the drinking was in Brum and often frequented

Sam Wellers
    Kelidoscope
    Snobs
    Thursdays/millionaires
    Boogies
    What was that Bar where Bowie ( Club House ) was the bouncer on the door and it was downstairs?
    Polyanna's

I remember the Club House meeting in the Shakespeare in Brum before all Villa games

Those were the days...............

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    I remember in my youth, all the drinking was in Brum and often frequented

Sam Wellers
    Kelidoscope
    Snobs
    Thursdays/millionaires
    Boogies
    What was that Bar where Bowie ( Club House ) was the bouncer on the door and it was downstairs?
    Polyanna's

I remember the Club House meeting in the Shakespeare in Brum before all Villa games

Those were the days...............
    I only went to Millionaire once and that was on my wife’s 30th birthday.

It was just down from the Five Ways island on the left as you approached New Street station I think BA if I remember right.

Close to the “High and Mighty” menswear shop for people who were either too tall or too fat!😆

Quote Originally Posted by Q165 View Post
    I always wanted to go to Mothers. Too far away.
    Mothers was originally the Carlton Club. I remember seeing Georgie Fame there and of course Spencer Davis.
    The Belfry (pre golf, pre hotel and pre Belair) was a night club on the current Belfry site. They served a curry on a paper plate occasionally.
    I took “she who must be obeyed” there for our first posh date. (Fish and chips, Dandelion and Burdock, and the Beehive (our very first date)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)