+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dindees housing schemes

Dindees housing schemes

My wife is Russian and Ive been away for 15 years. I was trying to explain to my wife how there used to be many different 'housing schemes' with different attitudes etc, house styles and people. Does anyone have any old pictures or old/new pictures or stories of the schemes to relate to her.

From my memory there was almost an unseen pride in having the toughest, roughest schemes and am wondering also if the new developments that have taken place have changed the scheme mentality.

Sorry for spelling, its cold here this morning and fingers and thumbs hitting wrong keys.

You might struggle for anyone on here to answer seeing as the funny lot next door think we’re all fae Angus 😂

Hulltoon still nuts as ever even without the multis, middle of the hill still bad. And bottom full of junkies. TOTH are building houses where multis sat and on hill street

Lochee is full of junkies especially the two multis, high street is a sad place these day’s especially for the elderly.

Stoby is full of Eastern European’s and Asians oh and junkies, Baxter park terrace over ran with hookers at night

Charleston hasn’t really changed still a few able families there

Ardler a million times better since new development a few years back totally unrecognisable

St Mary’s still pretty bad in certain areas but then it’s much like anywhere else, good parts and bad parts

Meenie isn’t that bad now multis have been pulled down, the rock bars getting knocked down if not knocked down already

Mid a lot better but still full of nutters get the usual armed response drug bust once a month

Mill o mains is unrecognisable now they’ve ripped down the tenements

Fintry still policed by the locals so nae issues there

Whitfield better now no multis

Trottick just a wee quiet place now

West end still full of fannys

Dryburgh is quiet and no issues

Beechy now has £250k + houses built on it with a Land Rover and Jaguar garage and currently being built is the new John Clark BMW

Kirkton still a very ‘able’ scheme a bit like fintry policed by the locals

Hula hasn’t changed relatively quiet

All in all, better, we’ve a junkie problem but what city doesn’t. Still all pretty nuts but nothing where you’d feel unsafe

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Hula hasn’t changed relatively quiet...
    Was Honeygreen Hula? If so, the flats are gone (along with Linlathen High) and replaced by a Morrison's supemarket.

Correct mate, thats the one. Morrisons been there a good few years now eh

I think it's right about the time he left though, not too sure...

think you're right mate

Toddy Rule

F uck eh missed oot Douglas ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by georgefoxposse1 View Post
    Does anyone have any old pictures or old/new pictures or stories of the schemes to relate to her.

From my memory there was almost an unseen pride in having the toughest, roughest schemes.
    Look up Gangs of Dundee mate, think Gary Robertson had another few books as well

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)