+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Walton wont be returning

Walton wont be returning

Next season walton wont be returning as Brighton have him in their first team plans.
    I have grown to like him and after a rough start,he has shown recently what a useful keeper he is.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Next season walton wont be returning as Brighton have him in their first team plans.
    I have grown to like him and after a rough start,he has shown recently what a useful keeper he is.
    They expect him to be pushing for a first team place. He is in the final year of his contract. And no closer to playing now than he was at the start of last season. I'd say £5m buys this lad. This is what clubs say when they want to sell a player.

Hi champs hope you are well.
    Walton has been brilliant recently but 5 million seems steep for a championship player entering his final year.
    Probably would pay any more than 2.5 million.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Hi champs hope you are well.
    Walton has been brilliant recently but 5 million seems steep for a championship player entering his final year.
    Probably would pay any more than 2.5 million.
    Personally I think football will be changed forever when we do return to normal. And I still think any talk of finishing the season is too early as I feel its unlikely. I have no interest in following us behind closed doors. That's not a solution, and is a different sport with no crowd. Plus football isnt important. That's been highlighted during this time.
    The money the clubs and players have come out of this in the worst light possible. And that's great. The bottom needed to drop out of the whole game. And it needed to change long before all this.
    I feel transfer fees will change. As will clubs outlook. Brighton could be on their knees in a few months. We could?
    They are saying 4 Championship clubs will go straight into administration once this is over and any new season begins. Loads of lower league clubs will follow Bury FC and simply go bust.
    Crowds will drop. People wont have the same money to spend. And the whole game will need to adapt to the new world order.
    We are in a weird position. As we are owned by the Venkys who can support us. All those clubs fans who laughed at us over the years wont be laughing after all this is over.

Champs - I agree about how far down the list of priorities football has slipped. I suppose we will return to something like the old pattern at some point, but I do think this whole crisis will alter a lot of things.
    Several of my son's friends have told him that they are going to try to continue working from home, once this is all over. I wonder if that will be a world-wide impact.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)