+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Restart

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    Not sure how play offs would work as many teams would feel they would be involved, who's to say within our last 9 games we wouldn't have fell short again, we did with only 4 remaining last season, as a pessimistic Leeds supporter I can see this going only one way, and it's certainly not our way.
    You could say that about the "normal" season (just give us another game and we could get into the playoffs!). At least if we finish "as is" or the points-per-game formula is applied, it recognises the state of the divisions and the performances of all the teams in getting wherever they are (and by that I mean ALL divisions). Voiding the season (here or elsewhere), seems totally illogical. And before anyone tries to suggest I care what they do, because it would favour Leeds, no, I really, really don't, I just think negating all that ALL the teams have done (or not done, given I'm suggesting promotion and relegation should happen), is rank stupidity.

I agree with that, why should norwich, who have been bottom all season, be saved and receive millions again next season, when Leeds and wba who have been top 2 all season and have invested see it all wasted, as will Liverpool etc, although if you go back to my opening post on this, I don't see why next season is so important, god knows when that will start and how, finish this one, even if it's finished in November or beyond, scrap next season before it gets here.

Villa fan here, I agree like the French have done, you should be promoted and I hate to say it but also WBA.
    Relegated, yes bottom 2 but and heres my only problem, we have played 1 game less than anyone in the bottom 6. Surely 1 game BCD should settle it?
    Good luck lads, all the best.

Everything obviously depends upon when football can be safely played and, relevantly for us, when spectators can also show up in numbers to watch, but my opinion would be to definitely finish the remaining fixtures for this season as scheduled and then devise "something else" for the 2020/2021 season where everyone knows what's happening beforehand.

If the full league structure could be completed in the time logically available, then that would be what everyone would prefer.

If there is less time, then maybe a version where teams only play each other once might work?

Split leagues (top half/bottom half) based on positions at mid-season?

All manner of weird league/cup competitions could work as a stopgap.

Can't imagine everyone would be happy though...

There is no way in the world that the games will recommence. On top of leagues, you have cups not finished euro games still to be played
    Qualifiers to catch up on so on. A string can only run for so long and then runs out. On top of that financially clubs will suffer greatly and there won't be a way back for a lot of clubs, not just some.
    People are still locked up, food is in short supply (i can't even find a bag of dry beans anywhere)prices will skyrocket and people will starve if they're not already dead from the virus.
    And here we are worried about football?
    My thoughts standings stand as limited games are left and tough luck to those that miss out. The real question would be can the next season progress?

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Oz, it's no more man-made that influenza, that killed (on its own, not with help from "underlying health issues) around 30k per annum between 2015 and 2017 (Official ONS figures, not made up), in the UK alone. If you add those who DID have underlying issues, the figure is 130k per annum, IN THE UK ALONE!!!!!! Covid is more able to infect, that's for , but less able to kill on its own, equally for sure.

And you haven't addressed the key issue. IF China wanted to debilitate world economies long term, why engineer something that makes a far better job of killing the old, the sickly, the infirm, than it does the young, the healthy, the current and next generation of productive workers? By taking out those who it kills most easily, China (if you are right) has helped reduce the long term demands on the health services of the very countries they are "trying to take over"! I think not.
    You don't get it.
    They use the so-called young and healthy to infect the so-called sick old and vulnerable. And they have destroyed the world economy in just a couple months, And on top of that, the done the most damage to the USA cause they are the only ones that are prepared to speak out against them. See the similarity, Your Chinese you speak out and then you're dead. Now how we use this system to hit the USA.
    The target all along was the USA but the rest lets call it modern world happened to be in the way.
    I can't even try to think what the real number of deaths or infections there is out there as we will never find out the truth.
    And as the political world, we live in will shut down anyone who would come out and tell the truth we will never will.

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    You don't get it.
    They use the so-called young and healthy to infect the so-called sick old and vulnerable. And they have destroyed the world economy in just a couple months, And on top of that, the done the most damage to the USA cause they are the only ones that are prepared to speak out against them. See the similarity, Your Chinese you speak out and then you're dead. Now how we use this system to hit the USA.
    The target all along was the USA but the rest lets call it modern world happened to be in the way.
    I can't even try to think what the real number of deaths or infections there is out there as we will never find out the truth.
    And as the political world, we live in will shut down anyone who would come out and tell the truth we will never will.
    I think you might want to watch a bit more news and spend a little less time perpetuating conspiracy theories.

Quote Originally Posted by Orgoner View Post
    I think you might want to watch a bit more news and spend a little less time perpetuating conspiracy theories.
    Lol!

You don't get it.

A funeral director has said that every body he has dealt with in the last 4 weeks has had covid 19 on the death certificate. Funny how nobody has died of cancer heart attacks or strokes lately. Read nothing into the numbers. It's not China we need to worry about its politcians.

You don't get it.
    No Oz, you dont get it. There is no point in engineering a virus, whoever is the carrier and however distributed, if the PURPOSE is to inflict economic damage on those you see as targets, if that virus kills the old, sick, weak, otherwise "economically inactive". The damage caused to (primarily) western economies is because we have a set of headless chickens in government, who are driven by the need not to ensure logic and common sense prevails, but to pander to the interests and direction if the "fifth estate", the all-powerful, never-to-be-argued-with MEEDJA, the self-appointed judge jury and executioner, populated by sneering, patronising, condescending wastes of space who would, if called upon (God forbid), to act in the nations interest, quite literally crap themselves.

If you want to focus your energy on any section of society, thise are the ones worthy of a bit of "encouragement" to do better.

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)