+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Club Statement re: DUSF

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Something missing here, a piece of the jigsaw we're missing.

Reading the DUSF clarification document it looks like negotiations were polite and friendly.

But then like a bolt from the blue United come out with a very blunt statement that they will no longer do business with DUSF in any shape or form. That paints a very different picture.

Something happened. At least it looks to me from a distance that something happened.
    Otherwise why would United immediately and without warning close off the potential for fan group funding of £100k?

It's unlikely United will ever divulge what happened but something happened. For sure.

And you know what, the new owners have been in the door 5 minutes, we're moving in the right direction and yet you're seeing these pathetic comments like "temporary custodians" "won't be here forever" power play posturing from some people involved in these groups, albeit under usernames on message boards etc almost as if they're wanting the Ogrens away, and undermining them.

What the actual fk is wrong with all these people that they feel a need to be a big fish in a wee pool. It's a sad state of affairs. Let this be a warning. Time for one supporter group under one banner.
    Stoke - you have to accept that in this instance it is not fan group wars or politics. It is an indisputable fact that the Club chose to release a statement to condemn and ostracise a large fan group. Time will tell, but it now looks like an ill-advised thing to do. From everything I have read tonight it seems like a senior employee spat the dummy. Not particularly strategic.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveUTDlongtime View Post
    You were actually making reasoned and logical points, until now. Someone has to stick their head above the parapet (without an username, to quote Stoke). It is a particularly Dundee thing to then go and knock these people. I know some of the DUSF people and they work bloody hard for no personal gain.
    So what happened. Because something stopped United doing business with DUSF.
    Something that angered United, something that broke the trust so much that they put out a very firm statement. Someone at DUSF will know what it was but they're unlikely to ever publicise that own goal. Instead they're creeping around FB Twitter and message boards saying how surprised and offended they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Arab View Post
    In that case DUSF need to amend their Articles of Association as their objective 5.1.1 to 5.1.5 are not applicable
    Articles 5.1.1 to 5.1.5 clearly indicate 'agreed projects'. The senior club employee appeared to have airbrushed that 'agreed' word. Even time-served arse-lickers should be very concerned about that.

Wow. Just wow.

Last time I checked Dundee United Football Club finally, after four years of abject misery got promoted back to where they belong. You’d think this should be a moment of celebration. Instead it’s infighting, he said she said stuff.

Guys, this is embarrassing, WTAF is going on here?

Quote Originally Posted by LoveUTDlongtime View Post
    Stoke - you have to accept that in this instance it is not fan group wars or politics. It is an indisputable fact that the Club chose to release a statement to condemn and ostracise a large fan group. Time will tell, but it now looks like an ill-advised thing to do. From everything I have read tonight it seems like a senior employee spat the dummy. Not particularly strategic.
    I never said it was fan group wars or politics.
    Mal Brannigan may have written the statement by the way but Mark Ogren would have to have given it the ok in terms of content and timing.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Wow. Just wow.

Last time I checked Dundee United Football Club finally, after four years of abject misery got promoted back to where they belong. You’d think this should be a moment of celebration. Instead it’s infighting, he said she said stuff.

Guys, this is embarrassing, WTAF is going on here?
    Embarrassing and actually pathetic imo.

Their responses on the message boards maybe shine a light on why United binned them.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    So what happened. Because something stopped United doing business with DUSF.
    Something that angered United, something that broke the trust so much that they put out a very firm statement. Someone at DUSF will know what it was but they're unlikely to ever publicise that own goal. Instead they're creeping around FB Twitter and message boards saying how surprised and offended they are.
    That is absurd nonsense. The DUSF comprehensive statement of everything that happened has been sent to every member for them to make their own minds up. Who is surprised and offended? The people who run DUSF have simply and diligently constructed an emotion-free timeline of events for their members to form a view. That form of democracy and information-sharing gets a hard time on here...

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    What did i tell you?.

I wonder if anyone from The club who was involved has read the DUSF statement tonight and thought WTF?

I certainly don’t buy into the scratchy head stance of we don’t know why they’ve done this, it’s been knocked on the head for a reason and someone knows that’s for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Arab View Post
    Personal abuse from member of DUSF Steering Group now? Dearie me.
    Clearly the ability to read a thread properly, like many things is beyond you Mike.

Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)