+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Club Statement re: DUSF

Quote Originally Posted by TheBoyBennison View Post
    A slam dunk statement, so rich in detail that it leaves nobody who reads it in any doubt that the Foundation has acted with nothing but honour and professionalism at every turn.

What an outstanding fan group the Foundation are. If anything, they should now see a sudden spike in memberships.
    Why would you expect to see a sudden spike in membership, it’s a fans group the club have publicly announced they don’t want to work with so what use would it be to collect more money, unless of course it would be to buy the Ogden’s out?

Quote Originally Posted by ahlltanyirhide View Post
    Why would you expect to see a sudden spike in membership, it’s a fans group the club have publicly announced they don’t want to work with so what use would it be to collect more money, unless of course it would be to buy the Ogden’s out?
    I wouldn't want to put words in your mouth, but your post could imply that the Ogren family will be here for ever. They publicly stated on day 1 that they were here to make money (not a criticism). So, in a pandemic time, when we are all questioning why governments didn't plan for the unexpected, would it be wrong for DUSF to grow a fund to expect the 'unexpected'? Maybe that is why true fans should maybe look to join DUSF at this time. The last 20 years should tell us that Scottish football club ownership is transient.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveUTDlongtime View Post
    I wouldn't want to put words in your mouth, but your post could imply that the Ogren family will be here for ever. They publicly stated on day 1 that they were here to make money (not a criticism). So, in a pandemic time, when we are all questioning why governments didn't plan for the unexpected, would it be wrong for DUSF to grow a fund to expect the 'unexpected'? Maybe that is why true fans should maybe look to join DUSF at this time. The last 20 years should tell us that Scottish football club ownership is transient.
    In that case DUSF need to amend their Articles of Association as their objective 5.1.1 to 5.1.5 are not applicable

Mibbe if you werent such a complete cock, your membership application wouldnt have been rejected.

What did i tell you?.

Quote Originally Posted by deebuster View Post
    Mibbe if you werent such a complete cock, your membership application wouldnt have been rejected.
    Personal abuse from member of DUSF Steering Group now? Dearie me.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveUTDlongtime View Post
    First sensible viewpoint in favour of DUSF I’ve heard. But asking supporters to help grow a fund for no other reason than, what if? is a tad bizarre imo. At least with ArabTRUST you know where the money is going, how it’s helping the club. Think I’m more of a here and now sort of person, worrying about the what if’s is not something I tend to do.

Just realised I’d referred to the owners as the Ogdens lol next I’ll be seeing ducks on the wall!
    Last edited by ahlltanyirhide; 17-04-2020 at 11:39 PM.

Something missing here, a piece of the jigsaw we're missing.

Reading the DUSF clarification document it looks like negotiations were polite and friendly.

But then like a bolt from the blue United come out with a very blunt statement that they will no longer do business with DUSF in any shape or form. That paints a very different picture.

Something happened. At least it looks to me from a distance that something happened.
    Otherwise why would United immediately and without warning close off the potential for fan group funding of £100k?

It's unlikely United will ever divulge what happened but something happened. For sure.

And you know what, the new owners have been in the door 5 minutes, we're moving in the right direction and yet you're seeing these pathetic comments like "temporary custodians" "won't be here forever" power play posturing from some people involved in these groups, albeit under usernames on message boards etc almost as if they're wanting the Ogrens away, and undermining them.

What the actual fk is wrong with all these people that they feel a need to be a big fish in a wee pool. It's a sad state of affairs. Let this be a warning. Time for one supporter group under one banner.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Something missing here, a piece of the jigsaw we're missing.

Reading the DUSF clarification document it looks like negotiations were polite and friendly.

But then like a bolt from the blue United come out with a very blunt statement that they will no longer do business with DUSF in any shape or form. That paints a very different picture.

Something happened. At least it looks to me from a distance that something happened.
    Otherwise why would United immediately and without warning close off the potential for fan group funding of £100k?

It's unlikely United will ever divulge what happened but something happened. For sure.

And you know what, the new owners have been in the door 5 minutes, we're moving in the right direction and yet you're seeing these pathetic comments like "temporary custodians" "won't be here forever" power play posturing from some people involved in these groups, albeit under usernames on message boards etc almost as if they're wanting the Ogrens away, and undermining them.

What the actual fk is wrong with all these people that they feel a need to be a big fish in a wee pool. It's a sad state of affairs. Let this be a warning. Time for one supporter group under one banner.
    Scaremongering Stoke, it’s what a section of the support has become very accustomed to, and it’s mostly the same faces involved at the head of these groups, shame really as I often hear ‘he’s a good lad’ ‘passionate Arab’ , but most of us can be described as such, it’s just some seem to hold higher ambitions than to just support the football team. It’s been far to political at Tannadice for far too long.

Quote Originally Posted by ahlltanyirhide View Post
    Scaremongering Stoke, it’s what a section of the support has become very accustomed to, and it’s mostly the same faces involved at the head of these groups, shame really as I often hear ‘he’s a good lad’ ‘passionate Arab’ , but most of us can be described as such, it’s just some seem to hold higher ambitions than to just support the football team. It’s been far to political at Tannadice for far too long.
    You were actually making reasoned and logical points, until now. Someone has to stick their head above the parapet (without an username, to quote Stoke). It is a particularly Dundee thing to then go and knock these people. I know some of the DUSF people and they work bloody hard for no personal gain.

Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)