+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: BDS (Boris Derangement Syndrome)

It might be scary BT, if I thought Boris had planned this all along, but much as I admire him, I can't really see him as being that clever. Or is Boris being hoodwinked and lied to just like the rest of us, is it mad scientists trying to take over the world and not mad politicians ? Or is it Lizard like creatures we should be worried about ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    It might be scary BT, if I thought Boris had planned this all along, but much as I admire him, I can't really see him as being that clever. Or is Boris being hoodwinked and lied to just like the rest of us, is it mad scientists trying to take over the world and not mad politicians ? Or is it Lizard like creatures we should be worried about ?
    Worry not gents, all will NEVER be revealed ----at least there is a re-run of The World At War to watch on TV.
    A smashing series covering the world in better times ---at least we were only at war and not having to stay in and sit around ---much more freedom!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I saw this on Facebook, US author unknown, so I have plagiarised the context and Anglicized it for our own purpose.

“We’re seeing the most draconian measures enforced at all levels by our government that most of us have seen in our lifetimes; yet rather than being alarmed by this fraudulent imposition on our lives, so many of us stand on our front steps at designated times and applaud.

People are being arrested for spending too much time outside, men of some religions are being arrested for daring to hold religious services, and some are not. Christians cannot congregate to worship, but it seems that Muslims can.

A child's birthday party is raided by police, a young woman is summonsed and fined for going on a leisurely drive alone because it's deemed "non-essential travel", garden barbeques are broken up by police squads because the family is perceived to be too large.

A lone runner on a beach without any other people around is arrested because he's violating quarantine orders, on the same beach a couple are fined for having the temerity to rest in the sunshine.

People are being denied life-saving medical treatments because they're not a priority right now and deemed not "essential" because our Health Service is focused on one thing, and yet so many of us stand on our own front steps at designated times and applaud .

Businesses are beings forcibly closed and padlocked and owners arrested for refusing to shut down, and we do nothing.

We are flying in Romanian field workers to pick strawberries, and we don't seem to understand the implications.

Our County police forces are using hotlines and online forms asking us to report any of our dissident neighbours who fail to comply.

We are now reprimanding our fellow citizens day after day for not obeying government edicts, and if any of us dare to question what's happening, you lecture us how we're a danger to society and we just don't care about people dying. Rainbows are appearing in our windows telling us to Stay Home and Save the NHS.

We have somehow managed to convince yourselves that the people whose lives are affected by a virus are a lot more important than the people whose lives are being destroyed by the effects of a worldwide economic shutdown and impending worldwide depression, which will make the 1930’s seem like a cake walk.

At what point will we all start asking, “What's going on?” How far does this government of ours have to push us before we are jolted awake from this state enforced coercion and control?

It’s a mightily important rhetorical question to ask right now, “How far are you willing to go along with this?”

Will we soon be told we need to load our families onto cattle wagons along with a single suitcase so that we can all be taken to Virus Protection Facilities for our own safety?

I am coming to the conclusion that “Yes” we would, and the whole time, we would be shaking our finger and yelling at those of us who refused, accusing them of being "a danger to society" and "not caring if people die."

This is taken directly from the original article:
    “But they don't have to load you onto train cars and take you to Virus Protection Facilities or force you to comply, because you do that voluntarily.
    They control your mind. They control you through fear. They control you by convincing you that the world is a scary dangerous place, but they're here to protect you, care for you, and keep you safe, just as long as you OBEY.
    They know that as long as you're locked inside your comfortable home with Netflix, Hulu, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and a mobile phone while dangling a check in front of you like a carrot on a stick, you'll comply.
    No force is necessary for the majority of the herd. YOU ARE IMPRISONED, willingly, and you're too blind to see it.”

A scary and very thought-provoking article I think – don’t you?
    Well said. Patience is wearing thinner. There were protests in Michigan last week, as you've heard, where the quarantine measures are especially arbitrary and coercive (by our standards; I fear you have us beat there). A majority of the folks I know probably still support the quarantine, but they are questioning how long this can go on. Meanwhile the authoritarian way that some police agencies have chosen to enforce the quarantine will undermine support--both for the quarantine and for the police in the long run.

A measure of tact and good sense by the police could do a lot of good here, and I'm sure many of them are showing it. But the bullies and numb skulls capture the headlines.

The protests will spread and grow the longer this continues. I live in the suburbs of Chicago. If there are protests this week, I'm going. I've got nothing else to do.

Where the fu-ck is Boris?

Attachment 15586

Another one gone AWOL...

Attachment 15587

The Conservative and Unionist Party, run by Toffs and w@nkers for Toffs and w@nkers, but nevertheless an election winning machine, in power for 28 of the last 41 years.

Eat **** Lefties.

The British electorate really are just dumber than dumb sinkov. Your sentence simply proves it, the Conservative and Unionist Party, run by Toffs and w@nkers for Toffs and w@nkers, but nevertheless an election winning machine, in power for 28 of the last 41 years.

I wonder if right now Tory supporters are having a bit of "Voter's Remorse?"

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I wonder if right now Tory supporters are having a bit of "Voter's Remorse?"
    Doesn't seem like it BT, despite the Lefty woke media's attempts to pin the responsibility for the problems on the government, instead of where it belongs, on PHE and the NHS, envy of the world, the latest opinion polls show the government increasingly popular, higher satisfaction ratings than any sitting government would normally have at this stage of it's life.

What Tory supporters, and everyone else come to that, might be thinking about is why they are being asked to save the NHS, isn't that the wrong way round, isn't the NHS supposed to save us ? Just asking like. They might also ask why other country's private health providers are coping better than our NHS, envy of the world. They might start asking, if the NHS can't save us and it can't even provide PPE for it's own staff, then maybe it's not fit for purpose, maybe we should look at how other health systems work, like in Germany for instance, when ours is clearly malfunctioning.

But you probably needn't worry BT, this is not a question our woke Lefty media will be asking, you can be assured about that.

I looked at the structure of the Department for Health and Social Care.

Amazingly, the chap at Number 10 Downing Street is the top dog, but has sadly gone AWOL.

This sh-itfest needs sorting, but are you really suggesting privatisation is the answer?

Are you suggesting that we should have stockpiled ten times the amount of PPE just in case there was a global pandemic?

Remember, the PPE has a shelf life - so we would, in normal circumstances, have had to chuck it all away.

How would you have reacted if you had found out that we had spent £££ on a vast oversupply of PPE - just in case?

Should we provide all the resources that we could possibly need (EG, a major nuclear accident, a very serious gastric bug, severe drought etc) just in case?

The whole world (with a few exceptions) are in a bun fight for PPE and I am convinced we are doing everything we possibly can to meet our demand.

Easy to sit on the sidelines pointing fingers and sniping at people who are genuinely doing their best for the country, isn't it?

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)