+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BDS (Boris Derangement Syndrome)

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I looked at the structure of the Department for Health and Social Care.

Amazingly, the chap at Number 10 Downing Street is the top dog, but has sadly gone AWOL.

This sh-itfest needs sorting, but are you really suggesting privatisation is the answer?
    I'm suggesting that we look at why other countries health systems are coping better than ours BT. And then learn the lessons, whatever they may be. All our woke lefty media is doing at the moment is attempting to put all the blame on the the government, and not on the bodies responsible for what you call a sh-itfest. We surely owe it to our doctors and nurses to find out just why they've been let down, but all we get from our BDS infected media is infantile Tory bashing.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Are you suggesting that we should have stockpiled ten times the amount of PPE just in case there was a global pandemic?

Remember, the PPE has a shelf life - so we would, in normal circumstances, have had to chuck it all away.

How would you have reacted if you had found out that we had spent £££ on a vast oversupply of PPE - just in case?

Should we provide all the resources that we could possibly need (EG, a major nuclear accident, a very serious gastric bug, severe drought etc) just in case?

The whole world (with a few exceptions) are in a bun fight for PPE and I am convinced we are doing everything we possibly can to meet our demand.

Easy to sit on the sidelines pointing fingers and sniping at people who are genuinely doing their best for the country, isn't it?
    Who are you addressing here 59 ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Who are you addressing here 59 ?
    Not necessarily anyone on here Mon Ami, but I suppose it's human nature to look for a scapegoat in times of crisis.

Some people are blaming the Government and some are blaming other bodies who are trying to source the stuff. I am certain that everybody involved are pulling their tripe out to get the supplies in.

My only criticism is that the Government are raising our expectations when they tell us there is no problem with PPE or that we will soon be doing 100,000 tests a day.
    When problems occur, and they will, it is the Government who will have to explain why they are missing their targets.
    No need. Just get on with the jobs and tell us the facts.

Are you suggesting that we should have stockpiled ten times the amount of PPE just in case there was a global pandemic?

Remember, the PPE has a shelf life - so we would, in normal circumstances, have had to chuck it all away.

How would you have reacted if you had found out that we had spent £££ on a vast oversupply of PPE - just in case?

Should we provide all the resources that we could possibly need (EG, a major nuclear accident, a very serious gastric bug, severe drought etc) just in case?

The whole world (with a few exceptions) are in a bun fight for PPE and I am convinced we are doing everything we possibly can to meet our demand.

Easy to sit on the sidelines pointing fingers and sniping at people who are genuinely doing their best for the country, isn't it?
    I am somewhat disappointed 59_60 that you missed out the annual gripe about not having lots of surplus snow ploughs around when we get an inch of snow ---another necessity!

Aye, super!

And who would be to blame if we couldn't handle an alien attack?

The military would have a lot to answer for

Aye, super!

We are safe from alien attack ---who in their right mind would want to come here at the moment?

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    We are safe from alien attack ---who in their right mind would want to come here at the moment?
    Who is to say that coronavirus is not an invading force from the planet Zoc? Having never met an alien (I think) we cannot assume that they are six foot tall, two legged beasts. Perhaps they are a strain of virus and perhaps they are currently going for world domination right now?

If so, perhaps we can see if kryptonite works against them?

But I'll bet that the Government have let our supply of kryptonite run low....

......... Perhaps they are a strain of virus and perhaps they are currently going for world domination right now?
    Only if they are Chinese!

Aye, super!

No, rest assured 59 the military would not be held culpable, you'd switch on BBC News to find out it would all be due to Brexit, or Boris, or more likely both.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    No, rest assured 59 the military would not be held culpable, you'd switch on BBC News to find out it would all be due to Brexit, or Boris, or more likely both.
    I don't have to turn on the BBC Sinkov.

You are blaming the NHS.

BT is blaming the Government.

Do I need to know more?

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)