+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Keir starmer

Keir starmer

How nice of him to show us where the government is going wrong and how he is going to make sure that they do the right thing. Where would we be without him? He is so important right now. (Absolutely sick of all these know all’s. Give him the reins and let him get some stick, It’s easy to criticise, it’s difficult to actually be in charge)

Although i wasn't there this is a similar situation to 1940, parties should forget about point scoring and get behind the leader. We all need to be singing from the same sheet.
    Finding faults is the easiest thing in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    How nice of him to show us where the government is going wrong and how he is going to make sure that they do the right thing. Where would we be without him? He is so important right now. (Absolutely sick of all these know all’s. Give him the reins and let him get some stick, It’s easy to criticise, it’s difficult to actually be in charge)
    What would you expect the leader of the opposition to do? Not much point if they agree with the government all the time.

I have to say that Starmer is in my opinion a serious challenger and leader. No easy ride for Boris at the next election.

That said he seems to be trying to make a name for himself very quickly and could be a risky strategy. Calling for the Government to publish its exit strategy in the next 48 hours when we are probably not even at the peak of the outbreak in this country yet. Enough important things to be getting on with in the here and now without worrying about what happens next.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    I have to say that Starmer is in my opinion a serious challenger and leader. No easy ride for Boris at the next election.

That said he seems to be trying to make a name for himself very quickly and could be a risky strategy. Calling for the Government to publish its exit strategy in the next 48 hours when we are probably not even at the peak of the outbreak in this country yet. Enough important things to be getting on with in the here and now without worrying about what happens next.
    A turnip on a stick would look good after Corbyn.

I agree Starmer is a more serious foe to Boris but he’s 57 and with them being so far back they have zero chance at the next election by which time he’ll be 62.

Another five years of opposition and at 67 ( if still leader which I doubt ) he could be up against Rishi Sunak.

Sunak is destined to be the first person of Asian decent to be PM.....probably half way through Boris’s next term as leader so Starmer is nothing more than a steadying hand for Labour.

Same as Kinnock after Foot and before Blair.

With the majority the Conservative government has Labour won't overturn it in the next election. Boris will have to do something really unpopular to lose it.
    Starmer will be 67 by the election after and i will be 75.
    Let's hope Johnson continues to support the NHS and not give bonuses to banker's and try and bring back Fox hunting for the blood thirsty minority.
    By the time of the next election the EU will be in terminal decay, it was only about Germany and France anyway, no friends of ours, the rest of us were just passengers.

Another Oxford educated millionaire,just what the labour is all about ,point scoring already.friends and relatives wonder why I don’t vote labour any more.

Quote Originally Posted by albion68 View Post
    Another Oxford educated millionaire,just what the labour is all about ,point scoring already.friends and relatives wonder why I don’t vote labour any more.
    I guess you just prefer the Eton educated millionaires instead..

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    What would you expect the leader of the opposition to do? Not much point if they agree with the government all the time.
    Chris right now in an emergency right by the Governments side is where I would expect every politician to be. AND the media. I really don't believe that ANY government would not be doing their level best right now. Politics doesn't come into it right now.

Quote Originally Posted by albion68 View Post
    'I don't Labour anymore' you and a few other ex Labour voters on here who have been labelled 'right wing morons.' Despite voting Labour about as many times as Tory from the 70's to 2010 I haven't come remotely close to voting for a Party that lurched from incompetence to Left Wing lunacy in the last 10 years.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)