+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mr Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Robus View Post
    Mich, if they will not enforce the borders and they won't deport anyone, that is open borders. And did you miss the dem debate where EVERY raised a hand when asked if taxpayers should provide health care for illegals? No fantasy, just paying attention.
    It’s a fantasy that you think they are harbingers of doom!

As you saw, the protests kicked off in Michigan where the quarantine is ludicrously restrictive and arbitrary. You can buy booze, legal recreational cannabis (that started in here Illinois on January 1 as well), or lottery tickets--all highly taxed. You cannot invite a friend over to your home or fish on a boat in the middle of a lake, miles from anyone. If you go into a grocery store, the aisles are open or roped off depending on whether the governor considers the contents "necessary." To hell with that.

The revolt will grow and spread. Yanks aren't used to being treated this way, and we don't like it. If there is a protest in Chicago this weekend, I'm going.

Hey Eve. Good to see you again! The protests are spreading. I'm thinking of protesting this weekend myself. This lockdown is irrational and will wind up killing more people than it saves. Depression are lethal too.
    Have fun with your Nazi and confederate loving friends 😂😂

Mich, you don't know what I think about them. The dems have forgotten the crucial difference between law abiding immigrants who follow our rules and illegals who do not. They used to understand that when they were the party of labor, but they have sold the labor movement out in favor middle class voters who want cheap labor and look down their noses at the working class.

In short, they have gone the direction of Labour in Britain, and will hopefully receive the same reply from voters.
    Last edited by Robus; 18-04-2020 at 05:21 PM.

Mich, don't you know what I think about them. The dems have forgotten the crucial difference between law abiding immigrants who follow our rules and illegals who do not. They used to understand that when they were the party of labor, but they have sold the labor movement out in favor middle class voters who want cheap labor and look down their noses at the working class.

In short, they have gone the direction of Labour in Britain, and will hopefully receive the same reply from voters.
    I don’t disagree that the Democrats have forgotten the blue collar workers and unions. But the republicans don’t give a flying **** about them either. They’ll happily bust the unions and push wages and benefits down even farther.

I’m for immigration reform so that it’s easier to come across. Many immigrants just want seasonal work in the states. Used to have a ton that would come and go and it wasn’t a bother to them or businesses. But since we’ve been locking it down more and more since the 90s under admins of both parties, people are afraid to go back and forth due to being deported. Communities of immigrants tend to have a lower crime rate than that of American citizens so they’re not a danger to anybody.

The only people protesting in Michigan were white middle classers and racists. They’d be better off protesting for more relief from the government.

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganWolf View Post
    Have fun with your Nazi and confederate loving friends ����
    There's really No need for that!!

Norton, is that your fatwa on the true meaning of Islam? Get busy proselytizing, mate. There are millions of Muslims who think you are wrong.

Call to arms? Here is my prediction. The English are already a becoming minority in their major cities. As John Cleese said recently, your capital is no longer an English city at all. In two generations the English will be a minority in your own country. The country you inherited from your ancestors, you refused to pass on to your own descendants. You have condemned your children and grandchildren to refight the wars of religion. Barehanded.

Meanwhile, how has mass immigration been for your civil liberties? Do you have to right to say in public what I just wrote. Why not? Whose feelings are more important than your freedom to speak? Wake up.

Standard stuff Eve. Not bothered by it.

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganWolf View Post
    I don’t disagree that the Democrats have forgotten the blue collar workers and unions. But the republicans don’t give a flying **** about them either. They’ll happily bust the unions and push wages and benefits down even farther.

I’m for immigration reform so that it’s easier to come across. Many immigrants just want seasonal work in the states. Used to have a ton that would come and go and it wasn’t a bother to them or businesses. But since we’ve been locking it down more and more since the 90s under admins of both parties, people are afraid to go back and forth due to being deported. Communities of immigrants tend to have a lower crime rate than that of American citizens so they’re not a danger to anybody.

The only people protesting in Michigan were white middle classers and racists. They’d be better off protesting for more relief from the government.
    The Republican haven't been notably pro-labor, although Trump's voting block is more blue collar than the electorate who voted for Hillary, or will vote for Biden (presumably).

The Dems have lost the white working class, for obvious reasons. Every Dem likes to claim that "real wages have stagnated" since at least 1980s. They don't like to point out that 40 million unskilled immigrants, half of them illegal, entered our country during that period.

Entire sectors are off limits to American workers: Much of the hospitality and food service sector, landscaping, gardening, numerous construction trades, meat processing, the list goes on an on. Go look at pictures people working in those trades even 20 years ago.

Labor enforcement is so lax those employers don't even worry about immigration raids. No benefits, records, no taxes. Cash payment--and $1/2 billion dollars of that cash goes every year to Latin America as remittances, instead of being spend to boost our own economy. Those are jobs that used to offer American workers a leg up from poverty. Then we wonder about the opioid epidemic and rising suicide rates.

My next door neighbor, a good progressive lady if there ever was one, is addicted to landscaping her yard the way Michael Jackson was addicted to plastic surgery. There is a group of Guatemalans, Hondurans and Salvadorans out there right now. Not a green card among them. She feels very virtuous, supporting all this diversity. Saves a ton of money compared to hiring Americans too.

Quote Originally Posted by Evewolf65 View Post
    Kind of similar to the way Our Government witheld the Cygnus16 (2016) report which showed how the NHS would cope with a possible Pandemic. It was an absolute train wreck!
    Didn't hear about that one Eve. The more we see of these pandemics, the more I think there is just no preparing for them. It will be a train wreck every single time, just different enough from the last train wreck to confuse our response that much more...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)