+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How's everyone doing?

I think we are all having to adapt and talk to people in the house that maybe we just ignored!
    Illinois Madaze, there where I go to visit my colleagues at work, nice place, big!
    Well got out for a walk down the canel towpath today, sunny warm...Virus, what virus? Well, just for that 1 hour anyway!

Missing the Villa, my Grandchildren and the pub, oh and I really need a haircut. Still working and enjoying the the car free roads.

Got laid off today, well, made redundant. I worked in a neighbouring County, and tbf I have been offered a similar post in my own county. Thing is, do I really want to work locally? Working as I do with ‘interesting ****agers’, all referred through the Justice System. So in the future, do I want to bump into my ‘cherubs’ whilst out and about with family, or wobbling home from the pub?

As for the job itself? Really not that bothered, I haven’t been there for 7 weeks, and haven’t missed the 2 hour round trip commute.

Atm, I still have me health, the Mrs still has the wealth, and I’m officially off the dry

UTV

Why has t e e nagers been censored ?
    Last edited by Exiledvillan; 01-05-2020 at 06:22 PM.

Hi Exiled,

I'm really sorry to hear you have been made redundant. Horribly, happening to so many at the moment. I'm glad you were offered another job, but I can understand you not wanting to live too close to work, given what you do. A friend of mine works in the same field and she never wants to live tooo close to work for the same reasons I imagine the extra time from not having to do all those long commutes would be good though. Have they given you some time to have a little think about it?

To everyone else - Dave, I'm so sorry to hear about your colleague - that is awful, so many grieving right now …

Westy - it sounds so lovely where you live. I'd love to be able to go for countryside walks right now and I imagine you don't have to contend with crowded parks there. The air seems so much fresher and clearer where I live - loving the lack of cars on the road.

Picasso - you must be so proud of your children. I can't imagine what they are going through each day. Thank you to them for everything they are doing for us all.

Mondaze, BB, and Bongo - it must be really hard being away from your special loved ones - the reunions are going to be amazing.

And BB, with your newly long hair, you should dig out your pink silk jacket and re-live your youth!

I hope everyone is keeping well. Stay safe x
    Last edited by MissWinnie; 01-05-2020 at 08:11 PM.

Finally managed to book an online shopping delivery

• Turkey
    • Mince Pies
    • Crackers

Donald Trump announced scientists in U S A have created a vaccine to combat Covid19

Its been developed using an oil which is extracted from snake legs !

STAY SAFE YOU GUYS !

I see what you did there freer....Com Bat?

Hope everyone is surviving.

My own theory on how the season will end.
    1. Liverpool will be handed the trophy, like in France.
    2. 2 promoted, leeds & wba
    3. 2 relegated like in France
    But there has to be two games to play out to make sure everyone has played the same. So
    4. Villa v Sheff utd and Citeh v Arenal will play behind closed doors.
    This will be well controlled and monitored as a prelude to next season with safety of players in mind. Can clubs play BCD?

Villa will win and stay up and who cares with the other game, once the games are finished all the awards will be handed out including Liverpool as Champions to a small crowd lining the streets in the city, hanging out their windows on roofs no one allowed on the public footpath. Just see it know.

Ps ive had toooo much time to think about things....

Stay safe

Hi Win, yeah I’ve got 3 weeks to make up my mind. Take the redundancy package (not great after 5 years) or relocate to my home county, replacing windows and T- cutting the wings of the car.

All in all, atm, I’ll take the package. This area of work is becoming too soft/PC and IMO, more of a sympathetic enabling service than a crime prevention programme.

So no tears from me Winnie, onwards & upwards mate.

Dave, point 4 has not been mentioned by the press (except Matt Law, who's a Villa fan ). It has to be a goer, surely 2 games are safer than 90 odd.

Stay safe folks.

Hi Exiled, windows and car wings aside if the job no longer is what you would like it be, I can see why you would want to move away from it. I'll raise a glass of carrot juice to an exciting brand new chapter in your life, however you decide to write it

Freer, your post made me laugh!

Dave, you definitely have been giving it a lot of thought! Hmm we need to see if Mystic Sam has had one of his prediction dreams.

Take care all x

Quote Originally Posted by MissWinnie View Post
    Hi Exiled, windows and car wings aside if the job no longer is what you would like it be, I can see why you would want to move away from it. I'll raise a glass of carrot juice to an exciting brand new chapter in your life, however you decide to write it

Freer, your post made me laugh!

Dave, you definitely have been giving it a lot of thought! Hmm we need to see if Mystic Sam has had one of his prediction dreams.

Take care all x
    Had a dream last night that Villa, Nott Forest, Stoke, Notts County, Derby, Leeds, Preston, Tottenham, Everton, Celtic, rangers and (bizarrely) Borussia Mönchengladbach started a new league.

There's my prediction. It will all end in legal challenges and clubs going bust all up and down every league (including the prem) and a new dawn will come.

Finally Man United and the other spoilt brats can make their super European league and BT and Sky can go and ruin that one too

im ok

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)