+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How's everyone doing?

How's everyone doing?

You all coping with the isolation, cabin fever?
    Everyone safe?
    One of my colleagues died last week, he was 64 and in isolation with symptoms of cov19. We do not know yet if it was the virus, a fairly fit and healthy guy. Weve known each other for over 30 years and what I can describe as one of the more admirable blues fans....
    Nuff said, I hope no one else has any horrible stories like mine and that you are all well.
    Puts the football and its crazy rivalry into context!

Stay safe guys. Lets just hope some good comes out of this!

Strange one Dave, ain’t it?

Worryingly, I’m beginning to enjoy the isolation and distancing stuff. I’m getting a bit fed up of all the false sincerity of people. You know the ones, absolute tw@s for years, then all of a sudden, nicey, nicey. You can see that the false concern is painful for them, in their faces. Fk em then, fk em now.

Food bill is down 50 euro a week, booze bill up 40 euro, petrol bill down 70 euro, and weight up 9kg!!! So 80 euro up, new jeans and t-shirts on order.

Sick of TV, stopped baking (see above) and dug out me auld carpentry tools. Then I realised that I can’t buy materials, so upcycling it is.

Listening to a lot of music for the first time in decades. Mod, Motown, Reggae, 70s/80s Ska, Ocean Colour Scene, and old 70s Punk all shuffled into one playlist.

I ain’t missing the footy (inevitable engineered relegation), but I do miss watching the Young Villan’s team training and matches.

All in all mate surviving. Just waiting for the lockdown to end, so we can all go out and catch it together. Cos they're doing fox all about a vaccine.

Sorry to hear about your colleague Dave. Just had a few days annual leave to take a break from work but got bored once I had all the jobs around the house and garden done. Using the time to read a bit more, listen to some tunes and up my exercise a bit - where I live has fields all around & my house isn't cramped with the 4 of us so can't grumble at all. Haven't driven my car for 3 weeks!

I feel a bit of fraud if I’m honest isolating and teaching from home when my eldest son is a doctor in A&E but more often in the Covid ward at Sandwell (yes baggies, you have a Villa fan looking after you) and my daughter has interrupted her medical studies to be a family liaison member at the QE and finding it very tough being the only point of contact for Covid relatives. I hear every day how bad it is and can’t envisage any football happening any time soon. Keep safe everyone.

Just missing my 2 year old who is in spain. Im obviously stuck here in the uk. Not knowing when i can see him is awfull but from reading its effecting everyone.

Im tempted to try and drive over.

Dont do it Bongo anyway im not sure the Tunnel is open! No ferries either.
    Back to the topic, I just wish there was some positive news, there is some, Captain Tom raising 23 million £s for the NHS, the world being cleaner and 35% less poluted, not having to look at Gretta Thumbergs ugly mush!

The News Media at the minte is quite depressing and they should look at the effects on people and mental health. Yes its bad but people die, 545,000 died in the UK last year of natural causes, had they been tested positive would that mean they died of the Covid19.
    I see there are plenty of people protesting in America that they want to stop the lock in, these activistes, snowflakes seem to be at every rally just apposing rules!
    Anyway, hang in there guys and girls, we will hopefully be coming out of this soon.

Saty safe everyone.

"Stay safe"

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    "Stay safe"
    😆😂

I missed my granddaughter's 2nd birthday, which pee'd me off, but I skype or whatever with her and my daughter every day, so thats good. I miss fishing most of all because being out in nature save me last year after my partner's tragic fatal car accident. I currently live with my aged parents, so it's fun city illinois here, with two and a half hours of four in a bed every fricking day, and my mum going to bed at 5.30 pm after 3 gin and tonics... I feel like a care home worker... but where can you find one in this state?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)