+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: League reconstruction

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Ann Budge now running the steering group regarding reconstruction said in 2016,"There are far too many clubs in Scotland it should be about half the current number."She now hopes the clubs will admit a further 2 into the league structure to save her club from where they were heading before the virus spread.
    Tom English asked her that straight out (left it late in the interview though, probably on purpose)

Her reply had a bit in it "I do see the irony in that"

Didn't get followed up though...…………

She looks like she will have decent influence on the next stages. (good or bad , I don't know)

What happens if after Budge's steering group reconstruction effort gets say for the sake off argument 8 votes, it fails. What then?

It stays 12-10-10-10,Hearts go down and we go up.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    It stays 12-10-10-10,Hearts go down and we go up.
    I sincerely hope this happens.

I see Ayr United chairman has released a statement saying null and void was his preferred option

"The best and fairest solution then, would have been to make the season null and void and we would all restart from the beginning whenever we were allowed."

I am not sure how penalising a team that finished 33 points ahead of the team that is being saved is the fairest solution. Surely if it is a toss up between top and bottom the least fair solution is bottom over top.

Cheers gunboat, just because Ian McCall I hope this happens 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by psych View Post
    I see Ayr United chairman has released a statement saying null and void was his preferred option

"The best and fairest solution then, would have been to make the season null and void and we would all restart from the beginning whenever we were allowed."

I am not sure how penalising a team that finished 33 points ahead of the team that is being saved is the fairest solution. Surely if it is a toss up between top and bottom the least fair solution is bottom over top.
    Null and Void was precisely my big worry in all this and make no mistake that is exactly what The Rangers were trying to peddle. If everything that we’ve been through not just this season but the preceding five years had ultimately counted for zilch and we ended up right back at square one, I would have found it very, very difficult to say the least. Happily we don’t need to worry about it after all.

I believe that ANY reconstruction at ANY time should always have the relegation and promotions from the previous seasons stand as relegations and promotions. The simple way to save a big club and earner is to make a saving reconstruction which is a mockery of the whole system. If one is needed or proposed it should be at least a season ahead so everyone knows what is being played for. So this one if coming to fruition should take effect in season 2021-22 and the jam tarts will have a season in the champ.= (minimum)

Reading between the lines of what form of reconstruction may be accepted and judging by what Don's McCormack is saying then I would rather the set up stays as is.

Very unfair to have a 14 team for 1 or 2 seasons only, the year they change back to 12 then we would need to finish top 8 to guarantee safety.

Say No to that suggestion please Mr Ogren

Quote Originally Posted by A. J View Post
    Reading between the lines of what form of reconstruction may be accepted and judging by what Don's McCormack is saying then I would rather the set up stays as is.

Very unfair to have a 14 team for 1 or 2 seasons only, the year they change back to 12 then we would need to finish top 8 to guarantee safety.

Say No to that suggestion please Mr Ogren
    Yeah, Willie Miller made the point on Sportsound. He said if you have temporary reconstruction to save Hearts you will be penalising possibly 3 clubs with relegation when you revert back to 12.

And on the Partick Thistle thing it keeps being repeated that they had a game in hand but if I understand correctly it was away to Inverness, hardly a guaranteed 3 points for a team who hadn't won a game in 2020.

The one way to to avoid being in this predicament is to not be ****e at football.

The one team I would have sympathy for is Falkirk. 1 point behind Raith with a far superior goal difference and favourites to go up. Teams who find themselves bottom of the league have no excuse.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)