+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Norman Hunter is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacaman View Post
    You feckin arsewipe! Show some reckon respect moron. You are a very low life with a massive chip.
    This thread is turning into a classic. We now have a Leeds fan telling a Burnley fan he has a chip on his shoulder. Love it, Leeds fans have enough chips on their shoulders to keep Harry Ramsden supplied for a year, but they seem blissfully unaware of this fact. You couldn't make it up.

The best thing about it sinkov, Hunter would be giving me the proper two fingered salute if he was reading this on his way to discuss terms with Saint Peter.

Just to be on the safe side, in case Hunter makes it into heaven, I have forwarded on with DPD a couple of dozen shin pads.

Don't want the angels getting knee knack do we?

Some touchy folk on here, most from yarkshur

Its a message board, and one that allows banter which is very near the knuckle a lot of the time, something many other boards lack with great difficulty.

We all know Norman Hunter was an average player, along with being a dirty cheating bastad who enjoyed giving pain, but in reality was a cowardly wimp, which showed greatly with his pathetic handbag approach on Franny Lee (who by all accounts battered Hunter senseless in the tunnel).

The opening post about Frank Casper feeling a bit better was said tongue in cheek, Condolences were given to his family but NOT Hunter, which In my book is correct.

He was a dirty player in his day so why would we change our thoughts about him just because he's passed ?

For me we all perish in the end, some quietly, quickly, slowly or in agony, its a lottery and we cannot choose which way it happens, but we can choose what we do in life before that fateful day comes, and that is what I look for in a person, some who have passed I respect, but a lot like Norman Hunter I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I have along memory sinkov. Getting bricked in the car leaving Hunslet, being physically attacked in a service station with my young son and an elderly female Burnley supporter just for wearing our colours.

When Hunter nobbled Casper we were in the form of our lives that season. He cost us in all probability a FA Cup Final and remember we did the double over Liverpool that season.

Hunter, Bremner, Giles and Charlton were thugs in my honest opinion, supported by the dubious Don Revie. "We all hate Leeds" is still my favourite footie song!

Looks like we will have to put up with playing the obnoxious T-W-A-T-s again next season too.

Its a pity you got away that day you bag of sh7t£,

Quote Originally Posted by hgatenasty View Post
    Hey BT, in the same way I admire the Donald and Boris for their ability to wind up Lefties, you've gone right up in my estimation. Anyone who gets up the noses of the most obnoxious football fans in Britain like you so obviously do, can't be all bad.

Keep up the good work.

Because of what he did to Frank, I hated Hunter. I have not changed my opinion because he no longer breathes.

Bear in mind though, I'm talking about the 'red' version of Norman here, when he joined us/Barnsley.
    He wasn't that dirty player anymore, and along with his former Leeds team mate Allan Clarke, he became a legend with us.

You Burnsley lot can take the pee all you like, it just shows you up even more tbh. If it turns you on taking the pi*ss out of an ex-player who has died, and because of this current virus as well, then you go ahead. Shameful!.

Got to disagree with you Acido, no one is taking the piss out of him because he has died, most Burnley fans and a lot of other Clubs fans disliked him for his terrible attitude towards his fellow professionals, I don't see anyone gloating at his passing, but nothing has changed because of the final act of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by hgatenasty View Post
    Frankly, I would not expect any other comment from a supporter of the least admired football club in England. You obviously think attacking a bloke, his six year old son and a lovely lady in her seventies is OKAY and "Its a pity we got away that day"? Luckily for me half a dozen members of the Suicide Squad had arrived at the service station for a toilet break and they did not take nicely to fif**** grown blokes attacking three very vulnerable fellow Burnley fans. Talking about sh7t£? It really hit the fan that day! We all hate Leeds.

" least admired football club in England." Lol, everyone wants to be Leeds.

funny how all clubs fans make out they are completely innocent when confronted by the service crew.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)