+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Norman Hunter is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Whenever the proverbial hits the fan you can always rely on a Leeds fan to crawl from under the nearest stone. Hunter was a pedigree T-W-A-T rest in peace my arse.
    It is rather ironic BT, Leeds fans demanding respect for Mr Hunter, something he never showed for his opponents on a football field.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    It is rather ironic BT, Leeds fans demanding respect for Mr Hunter, something he never showed for his opponents on a football field.
    I have along memory sinkov. Getting bricked in the car leaving Hunslet, being physically attacked in a service station with my young son and an elderly female Burnley supporter just for wearing our colours.

When Hunter nobbled Casper we were in the form of our lives that season. He cost us in all probability a FA Cup Final and remember we did the double over Liverpool that season.

Hunter, Bremner, Giles and Charlton were thugs in my honest opinion, supported by the dubious Don Revie. "We all hate Leeds" is still my favourite footie song!

Looks like we will have to put up with playing the obnoxious T-W-A-T-s again next season too.

Rightly or wrongly Leeds will always be remembered for being a dirty team. That image will never go away whichever way you look at it. They certainly weren’t a team that I would have gone to watch. Their manager and their idiotic supporters were just as bad. They were always in the headlines, usually for the wrong reasons. Sure, they had some talented players, but not many of them ,were the sort you’d want to represent our club.As for Hunter himself, he was never one of the silky , footballers of his day. Thank goodness we had West Ham’s finest keeping him out of Alf Ramsey’s team at the time.Only those connected with Elland Road will remember him with affection. A good player, yes, A great player , well, i’m Not convinced of that description, as I ,like BT , was never one of his admirers.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I have along memory sinkov. Getting bricked in the car leaving Hunslet, being physically attacked in a service station with my young son and an elderly female Burnley supporter just for wearing our colours.

When Hunter nobbled Casper we were in the form of our lives that season. He cost us in all probability a FA Cup Final and remember we did the double over Liverpool that season.

Hunter, Bremner, Giles and Charlton were thugs in my honest opinion, supported by the dubious Don Revie. "We all hate Leeds" is still my favourite footie song!

Looks like we will have to put up with playing the obnoxious T-W-A-T-s again next season too.
    You feckin arsewipe! Show some reckon respect moron. You are a very low life with a massive chip.

Do people really have to post such shameful comments, at this difficult time (yes Beds, Im asking you here!).
    I like posting and joking about on here with you Burnsley mob lol, and yes we are Yaaarkshire of course lol.

But come on guys eh, if we havent got anything good/positive to say here then why dont we leave it alone!.
    I know I do take the mick on footymad, and I love the banter etc. But I think this is unfair on a player who has passed away.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacaman View Post
    You feckin arsewipe! Show some reckon respect moron. You are a very low life with a massive chip.
    Nevertheless, with all due respect to the deceased, on a football field Mr Hunter was a ****, and quite proud of the fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    But I think this is unfair on a player who has passed away.
    It's similar to demanding respect for Mr Hunter on a Burnley board Acido, if you'd have pointed out to him during his playing days that he was, on occasion, unfair to his opponents he'd have laughed at you. Mr Hunter's game, and that of the Leeds team and manager, was based on a philosophy of being unfair to their opponents, and that is putting it mildly. Mr Hunter, Mr Revie and the Leeds United team of that era developed unfairness into an art form, and bragged about it.

It's just a little bit late now, and ironic, to be appealing for fairness and respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacaman View Post
    Sounds a lot like it to me that you were one of the LUFC "heroes" I can recall bricking us in the car as we were leaving Hunslet, or perhaps amongst those who physically attacked me in a service station with my young son and an elderly female Burnley supporter just for wearing our colours.

I am a proud Burnley supporter and absolutely detest everything about Dirty Weeds. Why are you actually on this forum anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Do people really have to post such shameful comments, at this difficult time (yes Beds, Im asking you here!).
    I like posting and joking about on here with you Burnsley mob lol, and yes we are Yaaarkshire of course lol.

But come on guys eh, if we havent got anything good/positive to say here then why dont we leave it alone!.
    I know I do take the mick on footymad, and I love the banter etc. But I think this is unfair on a player who has passed away.
    What have I said that is "shameful" Acido? Please enlighten me, because you lads from over the border are hardly known for your sensitivity?

They deserved their reputation but I have to say I used to love watching Eddie Gray play,despite "that" goal against us,he was class.Madeley,Jones & Clarke weren't bad players either but,as for their supporters,oh dear.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)