+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Norman Hunter is dead.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Norman Hunter is dead.

I'll bet our Frank feels a bit better today.

Awful thing to say BT..

R.I.P Norman Hunter, a great servant to Leeds Utd taken by this horrible virus...Condolences to all his family..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Awful thing to say BT..

R.I.P Norman Hunter, a great servant to Leeds Utd taken by this horrible virus...Condolences to all his family..
    Thanks Alf.

Doubt very much Hunter intended to end a fellow footballers career..and I would also be equally pissed off had it been the other way round.

But today an elderly man who has lost his life to one of the most evil virus's we have ever known where you die a lonely painful death..and a moderator has decided to gloat about it..very sad indeed.

Stay safe Alf.
    Last edited by Rev72; 17-04-2020 at 06:56 PM.

I'm not your average "nice" person Alf. I was at Elland Road on that day, Hunter was a thug. I had no time for him, but like you say condolences to his family.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I'll bet our Frank feels a bit better today.

Disrespectful B@stard
    Last edited by Rev72; 17-04-2020 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72;
    Disrespectful B@stard
    Don't get uptight Rev, many people expressed far worse than that when Maggie Thatcher passed away and there were lots supporting the argument.
    BT's comment was a reflection on the fact that Norman Hunter RIP effectively ended the career of Frank Casper with an act of thuggery which had no place on a football field.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    BT's comment was a reflection on the fact that Norman Hunter RIP effectively ended the career of Frank Casper with an act of thuggery which had no place on a football field.
    It had no place on a football field Sub, you're right, and in fact it didn't take place on a football field, it was six foot over the touchline. My old mum always told me it was wrong to speak ill of the dead, so I'll say no more.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Disrespectful B@stard
    Whenever the proverbial hits the fan you can always rely on a Leeds fan to crawl from under the nearest stone. Hunter was a pedigree T-W-A-T rest in peace my arse.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Whenever the proverbial hits the fan you can always rely on a Leeds fan to crawl from under the nearest stone. Hunter was a pedigree T-W-A-T rest in peace my arse.
    It is rather ironic BT, Leeds fans demanding respect for Mr Hunter, something he never showed for his opponents on a football field.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    It is rather ironic BT, Leeds fans demanding respect for Mr Hunter, something he never showed for his opponents on a football field.
    I have along memory sinkov. Getting bricked in the car leaving Hunslet, being physically attacked in a service station with my young son and an elderly female Burnley supporter just for wearing our colours.

When Hunter nobbled Casper we were in the form of our lives that season. He cost us in all probability a FA Cup Final and remember we did the double over Liverpool that season.

Hunter, Bremner, Giles and Charlton were thugs in my honest opinion, supported by the dubious Don Revie. "We all hate Leeds" is still my favourite footie song!

Looks like we will have to put up with playing the obnoxious T-W-A-T-s again next season too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)