+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Clarification required

Clarification required

Can anyone help?
    I have been following events and links thus finding myself reading a rangers forum called something like the bear pit.
    This forum contains a reference to something called the " blue pound" and how Dundee will no longer benefit from it.
    Can somebody explain if it is worth 6p same as the dark blue pound once secured from a future creditor by Dundee fc.

I think it's the £ Craig Whyte paid for the old Glasgow Rangers, before they died.

No the light blue pound was withdrawn from circulation in 2012 and was actually worth 0p to a normal pound at that time.The dark blue pound was worth approx 3.8p to the pound in 2004 but rallied on the currency exchange to an impressive 6p to the normal pound in 2011.I hope that helps.

The other myth Rangers fans put out is our fall was 'karma' due to voting Rangers out of the league. They think the loss of the 'blue pound' hurt us.

The facts are United's average attendances

Rangers in Premiership

11/12 7412

No Rangers in the Premiership

12/13 7663
    13/14 7608
    14/15 7895
    15/16 8285

Average attendance this season in the championship 8496

So no we didn't miss the blue pound, our average attendances went up went they died. They are delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by psych View Post
    The other myth Rangers fans put out is our fall was 'karma' due to voting Rangers out of the league. They think the loss of the 'blue pound' hurt us.

Rangers in Premiership

11/12 7412

12/13 7663
    13/14 7608
    14/15 7895
    15/16 8285

So no we didn't miss the blue pound, our average attendances went up went they died. They are delusional.
    Shedkaesque mate.Impressive stuff.

Rangers in Premiership

11/12 7412

12/13 7663
    13/14 7608
    14/15 7895
    15/16 8285

All very correct other than, and with respect, we never voted them out of the League. They did that themselves by quite nicely ceasing to exist. And no, they weren’t pining for the Fjords either.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    All very correct other than, and with respect, we never voted them out of the League. They did that themselves by quite nicely ceasing to exist. And no, they weren’t pining for the Fjords either.
    I was paraphrasing the hun view.

I was paraphrasing the hun view.
    Ah yes, I get you now. There also is their predilection toward Oldco when it comes to trophies and Hey Presto! Sevco when it comes to the taxman.

Oh dear.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)