+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: C C and JC

C C and JC

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post

Interesting, but those accents, dear me I had to go and lay down to recover for 10 mins after I watched it!

I thoroughly enjoyed that, thanks Abbo'. I have to agree with Woodie about the accents, especially when C.C. breaks out in rapid 'scouse''.
    Woodie would be more used to a Texas drawl whereas I''m accustomed to the Australian drawl (or Strine as it is referred to here in Oz). That said, both CC and JC come across as nice lads with their feet still on the ground. Very interesting.

Cheers Abbo would never have found that, thoroughly enjoyed it, even made me like Jamie Carragher a bit.

Mr Reliable and a brilliant captain.

He and Ruben are two of the best passers of a ball ever to grace Molineux I reckon.

Just gone 27 years old and his best is yet to come (hopefully) in an old gold shirt..

Quote Originally Posted by dogead View Post

He and Ruben are two of the best passers of a ball ever to grace Molineux I reckon.

Just gone 27 years old and his best is yet to come (hopefully) in an old gold shirt..
    Your comment about two of our current heroes is certainly made with some justification, Dogead. That said then, surely, those lads are in company with the late, great, Johnny Haynes (Fulham & England)) who IMO was the greatest exponent of the 'long pass' ever to grace English football. Accuracy personified !!! A long time ago, I know, but perhaps some of our older Wolfies might remember him.

Quote Originally Posted by dogead View Post

Your comment about two of our current heroes is certainly made with some justification, Dogead. That said then, surely, those lads are in company with the late, great, Johnny Haynes (Fulham & England)) who IMO was the greatest exponent of the 'long pass' ever to grace English football. Accuracy personified !!! A long time ago, I know, but perhaps some of our older Wolfies might remember him.

I remember Johnny Haynes, and you are correct he was a good passer of the ball. I will throw another name in the mix, our own Peter Broadbent. I would put him alongside Neves and Coady.

Connor Coady was on Football Focus yesterday, great how he turned a question about Liverpool to an answer about Wolves.
    Last edited by abbobrom; 26-04-2020 at 11:38 AM.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)