+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Season Tickets 2020/2021

Season Tickets 2020/2021

As currently we have no idea when the new season will start we also have no idea therefore when season tickets will go on sale. Previous years would have seen them either on, or about to go on sale by now. It’ll be interesting to see the price points set - we are back up again so an increase is not just likely but inevitable. The other massive elephant in the room though is the ending of this season and how the Club handles it. Will we se a reduction in next year’s ST’s for existing holders to reflect the loss of games or will we simply receive some sort of refund? Or, then again, nothing at all?

Overall, the Club probably has to be seen to doff it’s cap to the issue and address it in some way at least. I personally wouldn’t be looking for anything as I see my ST as an annual ‘donation’ to the Club which also happens to get me into all the games so would not expect any sort of money back. However, right now every penny is a prisoner and while I’m in a fortunate position where I don’t need the money back, not everybody is in the same position. Will be interesting to see how they deal with this. Either way I’ll be expecting to see a significant uplift in sales as the Club from top to bottom deserves that for the efforts and investment over the last 15 months or so.

I think we’ll see existing season ticket holders get them at a reduced price, but as you have said an increase is inevitable.

I can’t see us getting anything for the games not played this season, really can’t and I’m not expecting us to. What’s happened had happened. Not the clubs fault and not the supports fault either. Just one of them freak incident things

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    I can’t see us getting anything for the games not played this season, really can’t and I’m not expecting us to. What’s happened had happened. Not the clubs fault and not the supports fault either. Just one of them freak incident things
    We're down 4 matches and I'd imagine most Arabs will want (and be happy to) let it slide for the benefit of the club. There will always be some that don't and want the money back in some form though.

couple of nichols pehs will dae me mate

The other issue of course is if and when the season eventually starts will we actually get in? Will it be behind closed doors for a bit? If so what would you get for the money? Free arabzone TV broadcasts? Financially this is not easy - the Club is being starved of its usual ST money cash injection at this time of year precisely when it needs it least.

I am happy to let it go. What the club could do though is give some vouchers to let season ticket holders bring a friend. This would not only be a pay back but also could swell the crowd. Plus the friend might get the bug and start attending.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jam View Post
    I am happy to let it go. What the club could do though is give some vouchers to let season ticket holders bring a friend. This would not only be a pay back but also could swell the crowd. Plus the friend might get the bug and start attending.
    I'm also happy to waive it too, season is done, goals achieved.

Maybe the club could freeze the the season ticket price for existing holders and add a wee bit more on for new holders. I'm also willing to buy my season ticket as soon as they are released to help the club financially at this time regardless of how next season pans out. The club needs immediate help financially so if you can afford it and are renewing for next season then do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jam View Post
    That's a great idea and worked well at Dens in the second Derby of the season,i don't think many of the BOGOF's got the bug though however it did swell the crowd on the night.

I certainly am not looking for any money back on my season ticket. We did have the Captains Club hospitality booked for the Alloa game , so I would hope when things get back to normal we may get some sort of deal when we want to book another game next season.
    Phuck knows how there going to implement season tickets for next season. Could be October before it starts and going by some report's we may not get to physically watch a game at Tannadice till possibly early next year.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)