+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T PPE shipment from Turkey

O/T PPE shipment from Turkey

Reported that the 80 tonnes of PPE from Turkey [ffs] due today is delayed

Anyone got any idea why?

It'll be Boris' fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Reported that the 80 tonnes of PPE from Turkey [ffs] due today is delayed

Anyone got any idea why?
    Grayling was put in charge of the procurement and ordered them from a kebab meat wholesaler .

I've got my own idea but I'll keep my powder dry for the moment

Asda just cancelled a pre order with their garment manufacturers around the globe, and are refusing to pay up. Shameful behaviour.

But you would think at least one of our super politicians could liaise with Asda procurement and their suppliers to see if they could produce PPE wouldnt you? They have resources available and the skillset..

Have they?

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    Asda just cancelled a pre order with their garment manufacturers around the globe, and are refusing to pay up. Shameful behaviour.

But you would think at least one of our super politicians could liaise with Asda procurement and their suppliers to see if they could produce PPE wouldnt you? They have resources available and the skillset..

Have they?
    You ask a very important question.
    Public Health England are working round the clock to secure PPE for our fantastic NHS and Social Care Workers. I would like to divert attention away from the question and avoid answering it by expressing my thanks for the magnificent work done by these critical workers and stress again to you people at home. thanks for what you are doing already to work towards our five objectives which are...........and remember. Stay at home, protect the NHS, Save Lives.
    Over to the Medical Officer to get me out of the line of questioning and I'll have moved onto the next one by the time you are cut off.

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post

Have they?
    Just imagine this lot in charge in 1939 and having to manufacture hundreds and hundreds of Spitfire's , Hurricanes and Lancaster Bombers .

Different times.
    Today's conscripts would refuse to leave the trenches. You can't even get them to pick fruit.
    Whilst I agree it's not ideal that NHS workers haven't got the right protection, what are the chances of young, fit NHS workers actually dying from this virus? Most of the deaths have been elderly. Chances are they might not even be aware they'd had it.
    If stocks are low, prioritise elderly doctors and nurses or excuse them from their duties.
    What's the alternative, close the hospitals?
    My point being hundreds of thousands of butchers, bakers and candlestick makers went to their deaths in extreme times during 2 World wars.
    Plenty of medical staff died in those wars. Would today's doctors and nurses refuse to go if there was another war?
    These are extreme times. If I was a young, fit NHS worker I'd let people know I wasn't happy about it, but wouldn't consider going on strike.
    The chances of me dying would be almost nil.
    If the PPE globally isn't there and everyone's doing their best to get it, what more can be done?

The problem with the young, fit NHS workers catching Coronavirus is not that they may survive Hodge its the fact they may ev mild or no symptoms but they could well be very infectious when they go shopping, travel on public transport/taxis, go back into their homes etc.

Over 40 NHS Staff have died to date.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 19-04-2020 at 06:37 PM.

Nearly all the NHS staff who've died were 50+, mostly 60+, some in their 70's and 80's (I think a couple have been in their 20's).
    These are exceptional circumstances and I've seen nurses interviewed who are self isolated. not seeing their partners and kids. It's not for everyone I know but this is only in times when there is no PPE available.
    The situation has been made worse since the public demanded PPE be made available to all care homes.
    Again, I've seen care homes with live in staff. If nobody leaves, and nobody enters nobody's going to catch it.
    Drastic measures I know but these are desperate times.
    During the war children were bussed away from parents to avoid the bombs.
    Anyway, they either work without it, or they don't work at all.
    If there is no PPE, that's the only choices open to them.
    If I was under 40 with no underlying health issues I'd like to think I'd work.
    I might not be happy about it.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast