+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Matt Hancock be fired?

Should Matt Hancock be fired?

For me yes.

At the end of this first wave of Corona this devious,lying f u c k wit needs to be swinging from a political noose.

Every time he opens his mouth I think to myself.......”You’re LYING.......just stop it....LIAR”.

Him....... the dopey health junior minister who Piers Morgan savaged this week Helen Whateley,Robert Jenrick,Ashok Sharma and Nadhim Zahawi all need firing.

All massively out of their depth but worst of all has been Matt Hancock.

Compulsive 🤥 LIAR!!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    For me yes.

At the end of this first wave of Corona this devious,lying f u c k wit needs to be swinging from a political noose.

Every time he opens his mouth I think to myself.......”You’re LYING.......just stop it....LIAR”.

Him....... the dopey health junior minister who Piers Morgan savaged this week Helen Whateley,Robert Jenrick,Ashok Sharma and Nadhim Zahawi all need firing.

Compulsive �� LIAR!!

Thought he should have been fired when he said he couldn't wave a magic wand so PPE could drop from the sky - w anker!

My daughters boyfriend is an army reservist and called up today and manning one of the virus testing stations - full PPE kit over his army uniform. He said there's some really really sick looking people driving up! Disgusted how this country use our army for testing with their training and should be patrolling the streets as they are in Spain and Italy!

I like Boris but still think this country was too slow to act - too slow not to take lessons from Italy - too slow closing sporting events - too slow shutting schools/pubs/restaurants and too f uckin slap dash with a lock down. Then again the UK lock down compared to Spain and Italy is a joke as spoken to friends today in Alicante:

Army patrol streets - one person can go to the nearest supermarket to where they live and its checked - going to the chemist you have to show a prescription or proof of collection - no exercise - dog can go a very short walk only - kids not allowed out for fresh air whatsoever. Our lock down is a holiday in comparison with idiots sun bathing and still abusing the instructions.

Boris needs to get back quickly. I fear the UK will be the worst in Europe for deaths and it's not getting any better!

As for Hancock - put this knob on the front line with no PPE or something that has been sewn by Doris who lives locally!

I don't like the Lib Dems but do agree with their point - all NHS staff on the front line putting their lives at risk should be paid a bonus as they are in the army for combat. For f uck sake - supermarkets have rewarded staff with extra wages and we just clap those in the NHS every Thursday. What a joke!!!
    Last edited by baggieal; 19-04-2020 at 07:26 PM.

Agree Mick or Matt Halfc*ck as he is known in our household. I have not got a lot of time for Johnson but at least he talks the talk. Trouble is he has surrounded himself with a load of yes men (Chancellor excepted). We need leadership at the moment who can give hope for the vulnerable & people who are stuck in flats with young kids. Until Johnson gets back to the helm, I fear we are just going to get the pathetic lot of third raters we have had to put up with for the last week.

Don't like him either, he doesn't strike me as cabinet material but in some respects he's on a hiding to nothing with what appears to be a herculean logistical challenge on PPE which is the responsibility of NHS trusts to manage. He's been too reliant on overseas suppliers instead of hedging his bets and getting companies here manufacturing the stuff, getting PPE to every outlet on the frontline at speed is proving difficult.

Jeremy Hunt in 2016 made the call not to produce more for future pandemics due to cost...

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
    Don't like him either, he doesn't strike me as cabinet material but in some respects he's on a hiding to nothing with what appears to be a herculean logistical challenge on PPE which is the responsibility of NHS trusts to manage. He's been too reliant on overseas suppliers instead of hedging his bets and getting companies here manufacturing the stuff, getting PPE to every outlet on the frontline at speed is proving difficult.

Jeremy Hunt in 2016 made the call not to produce more for future pandemics due to cost...
    Today a friend of mine sent me the link to a company he represents who have other arms to their company in China......the same guy who offered me the containers full a month ago.

I was sent a link to the machine in the factory that itself can produce 100,000 N95 quality masks per day.

I’ve been offered a price and as many as I wish to buy........if I can source so easily why can’t our government?

The whole process is completely automated so why can’t we invest in the same machinery?

The lack of nous at government and NHS level is staggering.

For me a big NO. All this blaming has to stop. As was said this morning despite all the "Why didn't we do this in January"? Why didn't we do this in February"? It was not declared a Pandemic until MARCH. The Government is doing its best. You cant be blamed for trying to deal with something that hasn't happened in our lifetime when you are following expert advice. Its actually a sickening part of human nature to keep looking for someone to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    For me a big NO. All this blaming has to stop. As was said this morning despite all the "Why didn't we do this in January"? Why didn't we do this in February"? It was not declared a Pandemic until MARCH. The Government is doing its best. You cant be blamed for trying to deal with something that hasn't happened in our lifetime when you are following expert advice. Its actually a sickening part of human nature to keep looking for someone to blame.
    I doubt posters on this board are looking for someone to blame. I get it, in football calling for the managers head prematurely when results don’t go our way maybe wrong at times. However, we have lives at risk here and we ain’t just talking about patients.. but the very front line nhs staff who are not given basic protection.
    Like in football, how many bad results should it take to sack a manager, in reality how many deaths till you make a change to an incompetent Health secretary?
    Who is to blame for this??? I’ll tell you, its no other than Mr un proactive Hancock. Does he fill you with any confidence? I’m not convinced.
    As Mick has pointed out, equipment can be bought.. it is out there. Why can’t hancock sort it out, why can’t he think radically like being able to manufacture on a huge scale in the UK. We can build a hospital in 9 -12 days, but cant make any protective gear. I’m so glad you are not the Prime minister!

Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post
    I doubt posters on this board are looking for someone to blame.....
    That'd be a first 😊 .

He gets his half hour, and is unintentionally funny.

Making demands of prem players to give up their wages whilst sitting on his own cash pile of £5m and his targets for testing are comedy classics.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    For me yes.

Compulsive 🤥 LIAR!!
    I'm not too sure how he is any different to any other cabinet minister, with exception to Sunak, who I think has been pretty good.

I'm sure he does his best, but he's not competent. But he is definitely being set up to be the scapegoat, even their own Tory press are turning on him.

Boris is on thin ice too, if he hadn't have been ill I'm pretty sure he would be under far more pressure and scrutiny than he is now. Murdoch has always wanted Gove in the hotseat, I'd say its just a matter of time when.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)